We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

curl h8ters

TexaskurlTexaskurl Posts: 124Registered Users
ok i officially dont get why alot of ppl dont like curly hair. ppl are always telling me to straighten my hair but i really dont want to.my curly hair is a tiny bit frizzy but surprisingly it looks really good on me. i mean on some ppl curly/a little frizzy hair looks good. it can look volumous. why is everyone always telling me to straighten my hair? wuts so great about straight hair anyway? its so flat and boring cause a lot of ppl have straight hair. anyone else feel the same way?
fine hair, not sure of porosity.
Deva Care Lo-Poo
Rinse-outs: AO GPB, JC
Leave-in: CJ Curl Assurance (a dime's worth)
Style cream: KCCC, CJ CCCC-lite, & BRHG
Protein Treatment: SS Repairing Protein Treatment
DT: SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix

Holy Grails: AO GPB, SS Repairing Protein Treatment, KCCC, & BRHG

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    anyone else feel the same way?
    Probably most people on this site, so you're in good company. :D The people telling you to straighten are probably just jealous because their hair is straight and boring.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    They want you to straighten it because they're jealous and they want your hair to be like everyone elses so they won't be jealous.
    3b-3c CG
  • funkymunkycurlfunkymunkycurl Posts: 83Registered Users
    I think a lot of it is the fact that in our society we're not allowed to be comfortable with ourselves and how we look. If you are, then people think there's something wrong with you.
    Formerly known as colomunky.
  • TexaskurlTexaskurl Posts: 124Registered Users
    yeah u guys are probably right. it just seems so unfair how everyone is so picky these days. ppl should be more open-minded.
    fine hair, not sure of porosity.
    Deva Care Lo-Poo
    Rinse-outs: AO GPB, JC
    Leave-in: CJ Curl Assurance (a dime's worth)
    Style cream: KCCC, CJ CCCC-lite, & BRHG
    Protein Treatment: SS Repairing Protein Treatment
    DT: SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix

Holy Grails: AO GPB, SS Repairing Protein Treatment, KCCC, & BRHG
  • coolonecoolone Posts: 44Registered Users
    I think it is the media that is dictating these standards and most people are like sheep and believe what they see on tv and magazines

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file