Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake

afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I'm not a cook but I recently had a coworker share this recipe from a party we had. This was so GOOD! It was like pumpkin pie only better. I had a food orgasm. :love10:

Cake:
1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling:
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 15 ounce can pumkin
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 16 ounce bag confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Put the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 X 9 in. cake pan.

To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla and butter, and beat together. Add the confectioner's sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well. Spread the pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to overbake, as the center should be a little gooey.
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL

Comments

• va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    This sounds so good! I'm going to try it for the holidays.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for sharing this recipe! I love pumpkin cake things! It doesn't look that hard to make, either (some recipes psych me out when I read all the steps. :evil3:
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had something like this last Thanksgiving. I eat no-sugar added, but this I could not resist, it was sooo good. I went back to my no-sugar added after the holiday.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • MintMint Posts: 1,143Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That sounds heavenly!! Thank you for posting.
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you!! I'm drooling.... I have to make this. :occasion9::thumright:
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's a Paula Deen recipe. It's what she made the first time I ever saw her on foodtv. She has several gooey cakes on their website--the chocolate one is VERY popular whenever I take it anywhere. There's an "Elvis" one that's peanut butter banana. You are only limited by your imagination!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    kathymack wrote: »
    It's a Paula Deen recipe. It's what she made the first time I ever saw her on foodtv. She has several gooey cakes on their website--the chocolate one is VERY popular whenever I take it anywhere. There's an "Elvis" one that's peanut butter banana. You are only limited by your imagination!

LOL! That one sounds good too. I'll have to check it out.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
    I made the Elvis one last night to bring to stepson's. The others had all had the pumpkin and chocolate gooey cakes. I did a chocolate crust instead of vanilla--family preferences known. They really liked it. I would make it for them again.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users
    Ive brought this to work for the last 2 years & several co workers have offered to marry me..lol.. its so quick, easy & tasty.
    It tastes almost exactly like sweet potato pie
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    msjaim -- the Elvis gooey cake or the Pumpkin one? I'm happily married but that reaction is very motivating! :geek:
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • msjaimmsjaim Posts: 948Registered Users
    the pumpkin one.. i even make it for thanksgiving & my family luuuvs it. Im curious about the "elvis" one.. hmmmm
  • samirak1001samirak1001 Posts: 49Registered Users
    oh wow, that sounds really really good! thanks so much for sharing. i'm going to make this for thanksgiving!

CG since summer 2009
    3a/3b
    Co-wash: V05 Moisture Milks Stawberrries & Cream

Rise Out/Leave-in: Biolage Conditioning Balm
    La Bella Alcohol Free Gel (level 10)
    BAQ Henna and Indigo to cover grey
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Would this still be good if I made it the day before Thanksgiving and served it at Thanksgiving? My oven will be preoccupied by the turkey on Thanksgiving day.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    xcptnl wrote: »
    Would this still be good if I made it the day before Thanksgiving and served it at Thanksgiving? My oven will be preoccupied by the turkey on Thanksgiving day.

I've made them the night before and taken them in to work--when I worked.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    I made Paula Deen's Double Chocolate Gooey Butter cake tonight (for dessert tomorrow). Yummy!! Son and I had 2 pieces...umm...it was a taste test...LOL. Anyway, thanks Kathymack for the info re: Paula Deen. Great recipes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
    angel29ish wrote: »
    I made Paula Deen's Double Chocolate Gooey Butter cake tonight (for dessert tomorrow). Yummy!! Son and I had 2 pieces...umm...it was a taste test...LOL. Anyway, thanks Kathymack for the info re: Paula Deen. Great recipes!

There may be more of these recipes on foodtv website. The three I have are the Pumpkin, Double Chocolate and Elvis. All three are winners, so far.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I actually found a recipe in the new Cooks Illustrated cookbook that I want to try-it's just a vanilla one but sounds very yummy.

I may make it the day before Thanksgiving and see.

I have to make my daughter an apple pie for her birthday which happens to fall on Thanksgiving this year so that works out well but thought I should have another type of dessert in addition to the pie.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file