Happy to be Nappy but in need of some help!

Epiphany428Epiphany428 Registered Users Posts: 3
I am wearing a "wash" & wear. In the morning I just rinse with warm water and use Motions Protein Conditioner because my hair was damaged by my numerous relaxers & braids being too tight. I towel dry, fluff out and most of the time I wear a headband. I call this my bad hair day style. With the relaxer being on the ends and my natural hair being all fuzzy, it is quite a site at the end of the day. I think I am a 4a/4b hair type.

But I need HELP!!!! :(

I tried twisting out the MissJessis Baby Buttercream which I love. But what other products I can use while transitioning. There is so much info and advice but I truly do not know where to start.

Sometimes my hair looks so dry and coarse. I know I can get my hair together. Because I am NOT going back to a relaxer. I just need some help pointing me in the right direction.
Last Relaxer: Apr 2006
Still have straight ends :-(

Comments

• SYBSYB Registered Users Posts: 305 Curl Neophyte
    You can try using Smooth N Shine's Activator Gel in your hair to use for your wash and go's. And I would suggest you washing your hair with a non-sulfate cleanser once a week, and then deep conditioning afterwards. Then in between washings you can do a daily conditioning rinse if you prefer.

Here's a pretty popular non-sulfate cleanser that you can try: Creme of Nature Detangling Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo. Now after shampooing your hair, you can use your Motions Conditioner. Next you would lightly blot your hair, a few times. And then you would apply the Smooth N Shine Gel. It is pretty moisturizing by itself which is why I am not recommending you add a leave-in to your regimen. Lastly you would just let your hair air-dry.

And the best conditioners I know of to conditioner rinse your hair with
    in between washings are VO5's. They are nice and cheap, but most of all they are effective.
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file