Keratin Treatment Products

KatrinanicoleKatrinanicole Posts: 25Registered Users
Hi everyone! I am getting the BKT done this Thursday! I'm so excited. I have 3c hair and hope this makes it more manageable. For those who have had this done, what are the products I should be using in my hair? Shampoo/cond and/or styling?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• KatrinanicoleKatrinanicole Posts: 25Registered Users
    i see a thread on this.....
    nevermind :lol:
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    So, how did it go? I know it's a little early, but please report back on your experience after you wash! I'm a super fine 3c who is going to DIY next week after coloring. I'm so curious to see what effect this stuff will have on hair this curly. I just want to relax my curls and frizz a bit, maybe just down to a 3b. I would be totally satisfied with 3b curls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • KatrinanicoleKatrinanicole Posts: 25Registered Users
    OMG i LOVE it!! I can't get over my hair. I went out Halloween in NY in the rain and my hair was nothing like it would have been before the treatment. It took me 20 mins to straighten today and it used to take me over an hour. I highly recommend it. Now I am just trying to find a good heat styling product!
    I had my hair colored also. The stylist told me doing it the same day before the keratin helps lock in the color
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    I love mine, too! Today was 1st wash day for me, and, my experience has been pretty much the same as yours. I've been chronicling my journey in another thread. Even though I straightened it again today, my 4a/3c curls were clearly relaxed down to a 3b. Soft, shiny, awesome!

For styling, I used Garnier Fructis XXL volume thickening mousse and Samy Fat Hair "0" calories thickening creme.

I don't find any sodium chloride in either of these products. I was just looking for something that would give my gossamer fine, limp hair some body and volume. I'm kind of "meh" on both of these right now. My hair feels sticky and producty. I don't know if that's residual from the keratin treatment or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • AphroDivaAphroDiva Posts: 183Registered Users
    Isn't it great to be able to play under the rain without worrying about becoming a puff ball? LOL
    I am glad it worked for you as it worked for me!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file