can someone recommend a good flat iron protector?

DarbyDarby Posts: 1,025Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Right now I have FX flat iron spray but I don't really like it. My hair actually feels dry after using it.
PW:curlyhaired

Natural hair color - dark brunette
Fine, thinish hair/3a, 3b

Comments

• lit26lit26 Posts: 131Registered Users
    IC Fantasia!
    4b
    last perm 11/8
    Bc'd 4-9-9 :sunny:
    www.fotki/miamelove.com

A product to make tranistioning EASIER!:cheers:
    Scissors. Think of it like this, your mixing dirty clothes with clean clothes, you can use all the perfum you want (hair product) but the dirty clothes (permed hair) will never be clean, will eventually get old, raggedy, and eventually start shredding/breaking(natural&permed hair). Don't waste your time. Transitioning for most is a :boxing: fight that relaxed hair will win!
  • lit26lit26 Posts: 131Registered Users
    or try fantasia brand heat treatment. it comes in a pink bottle with a big cap on it
    4b
    last perm 11/8
    Bc'd 4-9-9 :sunny:
    www.fotki/miamelove.com

A product to make tranistioning EASIER!:cheers:
    Scissors. Think of it like this, your mixing dirty clothes with clean clothes, you can use all the perfum you want (hair product) but the dirty clothes (permed hair) will never be clean, will eventually get old, raggedy, and eventually start shredding/breaking(natural&permed hair). Don't waste your time. Transitioning for most is a :boxing: fight that relaxed hair will win!
  • SugarNutsSugarNuts Posts: 250Registered Users
    I use Aveda's Brilliant Anti-Humectant and Beyond Zone's Turn Up the Heat Protectant during my Flat Iron. I purchased the Aveda product from an Aveda salon and the Beyone Zone producy from Sally's.

Beyond-The-Zone-Turn-Up-The_797878F5.jpg

30686086-300x300-0-0_AVEDA_Aveda_Brilliant_Anti_Humectant_Pomade_2_6_Ou.jpg
    Hair Type: 4a/4b Combo
    Last Relaxer: May/June 2008
    Big Chop: N/A
    http://members.fotki.com/SugarNuts (1/31)
    Detangle/Co-Wash: VO5 Freesia or Green Tea
    Shampoo: White Vinegar

Deep Con. Treat.: Aussie 3-min. & Olive Oil
    Final Wash: Nexxus Humectress
    Moist. Spritz: Glycerin, Water, Proclaim 7-Olive Oil, Suave Extreme Leave-In

age.png
  • MBCurlyGirlMBCurlyGirl Posts: 3Registered Users
    I love the Brilliant Anti-humectant. If I flat iron without it, my hair is just not the same. I start with ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer, then add the Brilliant product. After I comb all of that through, I use Fudge Erekt. A quick blow dry with a paddle brush and my Elchim 2001 dryer and smooth with my InStyler finishes the look. I get compliments galore.

I only wash my hair once or twice a week. I use One 'n Only Argan oil at night so morning touch-ups don't damage my hair.
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I spray CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray (in a red bottle) on my hair before I flat iron it, and I really like it.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • audeoaudeo Posts: 42Registered Users
    I've been using a product from Sally's called Miracle 7. Don't think they've had it long but it's a great leave-in and protectant. If you've ever heard of 'It's a 10', which I've only found online, Miracle 7 has the exact same ingredients and they both come from Deerfield Beach, FL (which makes me think it's the same manufacturer). I haven't seen much about It's a 10 on this board, but it's very popular on other hair care boards. Miracle 7 gives me slip, shine and it protects.
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    audeo wrote: »
    I've been using a product from Sally's called Miracle 7. Don't think they've had it long but it's a great leave-in and protectant. If you've ever heard of 'It's a 10', which I've only found online, Miracle 7 has the exact same ingredients and they both come from Deerfield Beach, FL (which makes me think it's the same manufacturer). I haven't seen much about It's a 10 on this board, but it's very popular on other hair care boards. Miracle 7 gives me slip, shine and it protects.

I've used "It's a 10" and I like that, too. It makes my hair very silky.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • flipflopsandcheeseflipflopsandcheese Posts: 7Registered Users
    i use tresemme heat tamer spray it protects my hair really well me and my sister both have curly hair and she doesnt use a protector spray she has split ends i dont

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file