CurlTalk

raspberry smoothie

kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users
I like to make up a raspberry smoothie as part of my breakfast, just with apple juice or another fruit juice.

It gets a froth on it which I dont tend to have, if you leave it to settle a while most of the froth dissolves. But I dont have time to wait around for this in the morning. Im just wondering if I make a jug of my smoothie up- will it last alright for a few days in the freeze- or is it just better to make it fresh?

Also- it says 25 raspberries are 1 of your 5 day. Its a bit too many for one smoothie- so if I use less (like a handful) does that mean Im not really get one of my five? (I also dont drink the pips) :toothy10:

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    It gets a froth on it which I dont tend to have, if you leave it to settle a while most of the froth dissolves. But I dont have time to wait around for this in the morning. Im just wondering if I make a jug of my smoothie up- will it last alright for a few days in the freeze- or is it just better to make it fresh?

Make it fresh. What's wrong with froth?
    Also- it says 25 raspberries are 1 of your 5 day. Its a bit too many for one smoothie- so if I use less (like a handful) does that mean Im not really get one of my five? (I also dont drink the pips) :toothy10:

Yes. What are pips?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • janeylizjaneyliz Posts: 777Registered Users
    It will probably keep for a while but you will lose some of the nutients. Any juice or smoothie should be consumed immediately to get the full benefit.

Pips = seeds - in this instance, that get stuck in your teeth!
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
    Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
    Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
    Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
    Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
    I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's
    www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
    www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
  • melloweermelloweer Posts: 2,308Registered Users
    My daughter hates froth too. Just use a spoon to scoop it out, it only takes a few seconds :)