Skin numbing cream for waxing

generositytgenerosityt Posts: 245Registered Users
Has anyone been using something like? I just found out that this exists and I want to scream on top of my lungs: WHERE HAS THIS BEEN HIDING?
Does anyone know more about it? Do you recommend a particular brand? the fact that it is not popular makes me skeptical.. how safe is it?
Please help here..
A Mediterranean 3b lady
In love with my curls, love love love
CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's a prescription product called EMLA...a topical lidocaine (like novacaine that is used to numb you for dental work, but topical). You can get it in non-Rx strength, but it wouldn't do much. It's probably impractical to use for large areas, because you have to apply the cream thickly and cover with plastic wrap for an hour or so to get a numbing effect. If you're waxing large areas, it probably would get very expensive, as well as time consuming.

Also, I think there might be adverse health affects from numbing a large area of the skin (dizzyness, muscle twitches, seizures...not good stuff). It's really meant for small areas.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file