I want my hair to be all one texture

abyzcabyzc Posts: 74Registered Users
My hair is so hard to deal with! I thought I had dry, dense, puffy hair but I'm starting to think that maybe it's something else.

The "top" part of my hair is like this: http://images30.fotki.com/v481/photos/1/1258406/5651076/bad_hair_back-vi.jpg (found on google when I looked up 2c/3a hair)

But underneath all that my hair is dry, curly, always knotted and rough and this texture (her hair doesn't look knotted or anything but I mean the texture): http://cache.jezebel.com/assets/images/jezebel/2008/08/Glamour310.jpg

My hair doesn't lie flat at ALL. It seems dense but it might be because of the "underneath" part likes to poof out.

I want my hair to be all 3a, but I'm a little scared to relax my hair. When I did it before (in a salon) the underneath part was still coily, rough, and dry and my hair would have HUGE knots. And instead of being more smooth, my hair was always curlier after the relaxer than before (it was too loosen the curl but did the opposite).

3B, dense, and dry
I'm trying to grow my hair to bra strap length!

Comments

• zcurlygirlzcurlygirl Posts: 217Registered Users
    Are you CG? That may help with the dryness of your hair and formation of your curls. Best of luck!
    2c/3a/3b
    Co-Wash: TJ's Nourish
    Conditioner: 1/2 TJ's Nourish, 1/2 AO Honeysuckle Rose
    Leave-in: GDLI, CJ Curl Assurance
    Love: Pineappling, FSG and this website!
    CG Since Sept. 5th, 2009!!!:thumbup:

With the help of StruttsWife's E-book:
    Normal Porosity, Fine Texture (who would've thunk!), normal elasticity, and medium density.

PM me if you have suggestions for my hair (i.e. product, etc.), help would be very much appreciated!
  • abyzcabyzc Posts: 74Registered Users
    I'm not CG. I tried it, but I didn't like it. I might try a modified method some time soon.
    3B, dense, and dry
    I'm trying to grow my hair to bra strap length!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file