H1N1

DelmaDelma Registered Users Posts: 1,121
My chiro posted this and I thought it was interesting and thought I'd share.

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs001/1101240076659/archive/1102758254596.html

Comments

• realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    Interesting Delma. The patients that we see in the hospital are usually suffering from renal failure, so it makes sense. I don't think acetaminophen is much better, although it's cleared by the liver. Are they suggesting that you just let the fever run it's course?
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • DelmaDelma Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I wondered that too and I'm not really sure, perhaps finding alternative therapies to reduce fever is the suggestion?
  • irociroc Registered Users Posts: 7,890 Curl Neophyte
    I guess it depends on how high the fever is.

I agree that many people overmedicate in many different ways. The second the child gets a fever, has a cold, constant use of antibiotics and steriods, etc, etc - and don't get me started on vaccines.

If my children have a low fever, I let it run it's course. I make sure they're at least given plenty of fluids if they don't feel like eating, and lots of rest. If I medicate my children, they feel better, and being kids, they want to get up and run around. There isn't any resting and recooperating being done.

Once it gets up to 102, that's when I start trying to bring it down. I also keep from giving them baths until after the really sick time, or fever has gone down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file