How many lipsticks are in your "core arsenal"?

SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I know that most of us have a ton of lipsticks we buy for our collection. And some of us even buy back-ups of those just in case one we love gets discontinued.

But how many lipsticks are in your regular, go-to, gets-tons-of-use, keep-repurchasing collection? If there aren't too many to list, please list them!

For me, these are my 6 that I've repurchased several times and keep reaching for:
  • Clinique Raspberry Glace
  • Clinique Black Honey
  • Clinique Ginger Flower
  • NARS Sexual Healing
  • Benefit Lady's Choice
  • Mary Kay Sweet Nectar (may be d/c'd by now)
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    um.....

:oops:

i have backups of backups of my favourite MAC limited edition shades, but my regular collection go-to colours are:

Viva Glam 5
    Frenzy
    Hug Me
    Plastique

the only non-MAC lipstick i wear often is Smashbox in a shade called Charming (nude pink).
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    MAC: Oh Sheer Up, High Tea, Lovelorn and Pleasure Seeker

Becca: Cappuccino (Foundation Stick worn with MAC Cork lipliner and Sapalicious Lip Glass).
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    One pencil.
    It's from Merle Norman and it's a lipliner on one end and lipstick on the other.
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm not a fan of lipsticks, only balms/glosses.

I use one of three products - Aquaphor, Burt's Bees Super Shine lip gloss in Sweet Pink or L'Oreal Bare Naturale in Rose Mica.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ~
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm down to one lipstick ("Sugar Honey" by Estee Lauder) and one gloss ("Destiny" by Cosmetic Cosmos, a local company). I sometimes layer them, or use the gloss alone -- can't use lipstick alone anymore because it looks too dry.

I have a really hard time finding lip colors/formulas that work. When I find one, I stick with it for awhile.

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Lipstick is one of my weaknesses, right behind shoes. I usually have about half a dozen going at once, but I rarely repurchase because I already have so many that they never get used up (and I can't stand to throw them out). I have an entire makeup bag in my 'fridge, filled with lipsticks.

But I will say I WISH I had gotten a backup for my all-time favorite, that's about 20 years old: Chanel Rose Passion/Peach Passion. If I ever have the money, I'm going to send it away (gulp) to one of those companies that recreate "lost" colors of makeup. I've taken my meager portion of what's left to Sephora and asked for help matching it, but it's never....quite....right.
    i got very lucky earlier this year - MAC discontinued Frenzy 3 years ago, brought back a special edition of it 2 years ago, and then brought the colour back in the regular formula earlier this year.

:D

i still have 2 in the freezer anyway...

:oops:
    My blog:

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    rouquinne wrote: »
    i still have 2 in the freezer anyway...:oops:
    I didn't know that didn't know storing lipsticks in the freezer was the way to go, for backup arsenal! I suppose this is much better than keeping them in a bathroom drawer? :oops:
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    oh yeah! i LOVED the Diana Ross collection lipglass called Sunny Boy and kept several of those in the freezer for YEARS. this summer, i took the last one :cry: out to use it and it was perfectly fine.

:D
    My blog:

• irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have maybe 3 lipsticks. I'm not even totally sure of their brand, and it's not something that would necessarily be repurchased, or something I 'have to have'.

I have one that is a dark color, one that is neutral, and one that is a little bit of a spicy glossy color.

I've never been into lipsticks, although as I get older I can see the color fading in my lips and I could use it. It's just too much maintenence, and reapplications. :sad1:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nanachannanachan Posts: 110Registered Users
    its funny, i go through phases of what type of makeup i like. for a very loooong time it was eyeshadow- could NOT get enough of them:shock: i literally have piles of eyeshadow (lol)

but lipstick is my newww obsession! :love2: the ones i keep on me AT ALLL TIMES are:

Revlons matt collection:
    Really red
    nude attitude
    and mauve it over

i love them, and thank god im a girl :female:so i can have fun with all this makeup
    my hair loves::love7:
    KCKT
    CURLS goddess curls[/COLOR]
    Trader Joe's Tea tree conditioner

I'm on my way to growing out my hair to BSL and possibly longer- to also grow out a horrible uneven cut!

before:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spoiledcoilsspoiledcoils Posts: 145Registered Users
    My go-to lippies are:
    MAC Close to Real (LE so I stocked up!)
    MAC Syrup
    MAC Funshine slimshine

I'd love to get something really dramatic or cutesy Barbie pink but am not sure I have the nerve right now.
    Currently loving:
    Deva Red One Condition
    Nexxus Emergencee
    Deva HIH
    GDLI
    KCCC

:love5:
    Working on repairing my spoiled coils!

I wear MAC Syrup too.

If you want a Barbie pink, try Lovelorn. Pink Poodle is a hot, fuschia-ish pink that's dramatic.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • spoiledcoilsspoiledcoils Posts: 145Registered Users
    I think Syrup is just one of those universally flattering lipsticks that everyone should own! :D

And thanks for the recs...not that I need any encouragement!!
    Currently loving:
    Deva Red One Condition
    Nexxus Emergencee
    Deva HIH
    GDLI
    KCCC

:love5:
    Working on repairing my spoiled coils!

• TechKnockoutTechKnockout Posts: 415Registered Users
    I'm still experimenting to find my "core arsenal." Purple is my signature color--a purple lip is a must for me.

Currently loving MAC's:
    Currant lip liner
    Rebel lipstick

When I save up a little more I'll buy some more purple lipsticks.
    Horror. Erotica. Cannibalism. And everything else in between.

http://thevegetariancannibal.blogspot.com/
    I think Syrup is just one of those universally flattering lipsticks that everyone should own! :D
    I'm intrigued by this comment. :) Can you describe Syrup to me? Does it look pinkish, reddish, mauve-ish, or purple-ish on? Looks like a nice natural looking neutral from the pics I see, but I was wondering what color family it leans towards?
    Syrup is mauve-ish.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Syrup is mauve-ish.
    Does it have shimmer/shine or is it a straight creme?
    A sheer cream.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• Fluffy4evaFluffy4eva Posts: 156Registered Users
    Oh Im glad im not the only one who buys backups of lipsticks I already have. lol.

Rimmel - Fudge Brownie
    Rimmel - Coffee Shimmer
    Almay Lip Vitality - Beige (I cant find it anymore. nargh!!)
    Clinique - pink bamboo

do you girls do this just with lipsticks, or with other items as well?? I go berserk when I find something that works. I have boxes of backup products... lipsticks, moisturisers, facewashes, shampoos, conditioners etc etc... and law of sod, as soon as I stock up, the product in question tends to stop being as effective. lol
    UK Curly
    Boots essentials range - Co-wash
    Aussie Miracle Moist - Conditioner
    Any non-cone Leavein I can find (its not easy)
    Boots essentials - Gel

Always brush with a comb. and wrap in a microfibre towel to dry.
    i find i just do it with lipsticks and glosses.

the only time i bought a backup of an eye shadow was when MAC had Remotely Grey a couple of years ago. then i got Fake in a swap and it was almost identical. so now i have a pristine Remotely Grey (LE) to unload. if only i could find it since i moved last year!

:lol:
    My blog:

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Wet N Wild lip crayon in #673 a dark pink. I wear it every day. I always have 4 or 5 spares in case they stop making them.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,199Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm more of a gloss junkie, but right now I'm working my way through some lipstick samples from Aromaleigh. They are moisturizing and have a yummy cocoa scent (no taste), but so far I'm not overwhelmed by the colors. They don't pack enough punch.

I keep hearing good things about Wet N Wild lip colors. I need to try them! Maybe I will find a "core" product. :)
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file