3c/4a/4b Lint prob.....

aunatural1aunatural1 Posts: 156Registered Users
My daughter has 3c/4a hair on top.. NO PROB. (it's like mine) But her hair in the back is more 4b.. and it collects lint like CRAZY... I've tried combing her hair with the shampoo and cond. in it... but after it dries, I can see alot of lint still in her hair... ANY SUGGESTIONS?!
comic-p.jpg
4a with some 3c
Last Relaxer: Nov 04
BC: March 05

Comments

• An AkashaAn Akasha Posts: 175Registered Users
    Maybe it's the towel?

Have you tried drying her hair with a different towel? Like an Aquis, or something...

HTH
    BSL of thick 4a/ 3c coils.
    Member since 1999.
  • ConcernedCoilsConcernedCoils Posts: 106Registered Users
    I agree, it may be the towel.
    If you can't find a microfiber or aquis towel, maybe try one that matches her hair color?
    products:
    co-washing with any Aubrey Organics product
    Olive Oil +/under leave-in for super soft hair!
    Whipped Karite/Shea or Avocado butter leave-in
    Also lots of water, pilates and meditation
  • aunatural1aunatural1 Posts: 156Registered Users
    I don't think it's the towel.. I use my brown basic training towels to dry her hair.. (those things don't have ANY lint what-so-ever) I wanted to know if anyone knew of a good shampoo or cond./ routine.. that would remove the build up of lint already in her hair!

Thanks in advance...
    comic-p.jpg
    4a with some 3c
  • imlaimla Posts: 163Registered Users
    You think she may have product buildup? I had the same problem with my 12 y/o daughter (4a top/4b back). Using a clarifying conditioner from time to time helps alot w/ the lint as she uses shea butter and kiddie moisturizing detanglers. A satin cap also helps as she gets lint from her bed linen and clothes as well.
    Hair Type: 4a/b dense, fine, coily hair. Natural 13 years.

Staples: Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil S & C, aloe vera, almond oil mix, black soap shampoo and bentonite clay.
  • mariposamariposa Posts: 177Registered Users
    aunatural1 wrote:
    I don't think it's the towel.. I use my brown basic training towels to dry her hair.. (those things don't have ANY lint what-so-ever) I wanted to know if anyone knew of a good shampoo or cond./ routine.. that would remove the build up of lint already in her hair!

Thanks in advance...

to be honest that's the only thing i can think of......... i do have the tightly curled hair my whole life and it has never had lint........ check her clothes..... why not use a tshirt to dry for a change, just to see what happens..... or maybe just drip dry

when the hair is wet, during/after washing but before towelling, can you see the lint?
    4a/4b tiny penspring curls
    Lifelong natural i.e. never relaxed

hair growth journey
    http://public.fotki.com/boboleta/
    imla wrote:
    You think she may have product buildup? I had the same problem with my 12 y/o daughter (4a top/4b back). Using a clarifying conditioner from time to time helps alot w/ the lint as she uses shea butter and kiddie moisturizing detanglers. A satin cap also helps as she gets lint from her bed linen and clothes as well.

I did think about that too.. I use the same shampoo and conditioner on hair as my own.. (mane n tail shampoo, and Suave pro bio basics (like biolage). I'll have to try a clarifying shampoo.. My daughter is only 2, so I know she won't keep a cap on! :lol: I know she gets lint in her hair from playing on the floor.. I just have a really hard time getting it out.. like I said before.. it looks clean, but once it dries the lint shows right back up! : :!: :?: Thanks for the advise.. (EVERYONE!)
    comic-p.jpg
    4a with some 3c
    mariposa wrote:
    aunatural1 wrote:

Thanks in advance...

to be honest that's the only thing i can think of......... i do have the tightly curled hair my whole life and it has never had lint........ check her clothes..... why not use a tshirt to dry for a change, just to see what happens..... or maybe just drip dry

when the hair is wet, during/after washing but before towelling, can you see the lint?[/quote

She is only 2.. so I know the lint comes from her rolling on the floor.. (she doesn't wear anything that collects too much lint) And I wasn't blaming her hair type... I was just letting you know what type she has in the area collecting lint! I'm not saying the whole back of her hair is covered in it either.. =) I can only see the lint alittle when it's wet.. (during dt) And it looks fine after it's washed/shampood.. but once it's fully dry (which takes no time because her hair in that area is dense) I see quite a bit.. looks like I didnt do anything to it.

Thanks
    comic-p.jpg
    4a with some 3c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file