decent pressed powder mineral foundation?

Fluffy4evaFluffy4eva Posts: 156Registered Users
Hi all

Dont suppose anyones got any recommendations on a medium-full coverage pressed powder foundation? preferably mineral. (I already use loose powder at home. i just need a little something for top up applications at work now)

At the moment im using the uber expensive Jane Iredale purepressed mineral foundation, which isnt bad and very gentle on my temperamental skin - but its only sheer coverage. I like the stuff where youre practically a different colour with one coating. freckles gone. spots gone. no fuss. aaaaanyone discovered this miracle compact yet...?
UK Curly
Boots essentials range - Co-wash
Aussie Miracle Moist - Conditioner
Any non-cone Leavein I can find (its not easy)
Boots essentials - Gel

Always brush with a comb. and wrap in a microfibre towel to dry.

Comments

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've been using the JI PPB for years. I love it! I find that it's "buildable"; a couple of layers will give me more coverage. Also, the brush makes a difference for me. I use the JI Handi brush until I hit pan and the circle of product remaining gets to be about 1" wide around the pan. Then I switch to Philosophy SuperNatrual brush.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • MassCurlsMassCurls Posts: 272Registered Users
    I second the Jane Iredale recommendation. I use it as well and love it. The Handi brush is fab as well.
  • writerchicknycwriterchicknyc Posts: 8Registered Users
    I have extremely sensitive skin and have found that the PUR mineral pressed powder is amazing. I can brush it on for light coverage or put it on with a pad for medium to heavy coverage. I rely on it to cover my dark eye circles.
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have pur also. I ordered it not too long ago b/c I had used it in the past and really liked it. Now I'm trying to decide whether or not it was responsible for a massive outbreak I'm now recovering from...I hope not. :sad:
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love the JI pure pressed foundation. At first, it didn't give me enough coverage as well. Then I splurged and bought the JI handi brush, and that made all the difference (compared to using either a dry foundation sponge or a normal powder makeup brush). I swipe on several layers, then top with Larenim mineral silk finishing powder (mixed with a little Larenim sheer perfection).

To control oil on my combination skin, I dust a primer over my T-zone after applying sunscreen but prior to sweeping on the JI foundation. I alternate between 3 different primers, all from Larenim:

1. Dusk 'til Dawn (in summer, when my skin is oiliest)
    2. Invisi-Primer (in spring/fall, when skin is less oily)
    3. Invisi-Pore (in winter, when skin is a little dry)

I also dust the Invisi-pore year-round over my T-zone during the day as needed to freshen up, when skin starts to look a little oily. I alternate that with the mineral silk/sheer perfection combo for touch-ups.

I've also tried the JI finishing powder, and find it works just as well as Larenim, but the Larenim is less expensive.

I also like the Larenum loose foundation powder, but haven't yet had success with the Larenim pressed foundation. If I wear sunscreen underneath, it causes the foundation to break down after a few hours, resulting in splotchy makeup on my face. I hope to try it again this winter over a primer.
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file