Any bellydancers out there?

qimissungqimissung Posts: 211Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I've been belly dancing for about 2 years now, are there any others out there? My body is changing, if I would watch my intake, it would probably go faster.
Fine cherub curls. LUS brand user. That's all I need!

Comments

• MysticSpiralMysticSpiral Posts: 1,024Registered Users
    Me! I started doing it when I liked my boob and butt size but not my waist. it seemed like a great way of defining my waist, without taking to much blows to my chest and hips
    Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
  • Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Posts: 1,559Registered Users
    I took belly dance a few years ago in college and liked it. I just started it again at my gym for some good core strengthening exercise. I love it, so much fun and a good change of pace (the class we do is really low impact/intensity). I also do zumba and we have some belly dance like dances in that class. Also a wonderful core (and overall) workout.
    I'm just getting the hang of all of the belly dance moves, some are much harder for me to grasp, ie regular up down shimmy is way easier and prettier on me than the twist shimmy. I don't have much of a waist (wide waist and narrow hips) and always thought it looked prettier doing some of the moves with a little more hip to throw around :p Makes such a difference when I have a fun jingly hip scarf to shake around though..almost helps give the illusion that I've got more hip.
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mamacurl7/
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? http://katiebutton.rovia.com/
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i dabble in it. i have some good bellydance music and a hip scarf. i'm in the local bellydance meetup group in my city but i don't get to many events.

it's a great workout!! also for the arms.

there are some good threads here about it if you want to see what others have said about bellydancing...
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm a dabbler too.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • MandeeliciousMandeelicious Posts: 5Registered Users
    I just started about a month ago. I take a class once a week, but I also have a DVD which I attempted in my living room and FAILED. Some of the moves are pretty hard and require the use of muscles that I didn't know I had. I also do zumba once a week. That's about all I do, but I will stick with belly dancing because that is something that I would like to be good at someday.
  • qimissungqimissung Posts: 211Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love bellydancing! I'm finally far enough in that we're starting to do improvs at the end of class. Talk about scary!
    Fine cherub curls. LUS brand user. That's all I need!
    qimissung wrote: »
    I love bellydancing! I'm finally far enough in that we're starting to do improvs at the end of class. Talk about scary!

yeah you!! it seems there's a little community of us here doing bellydance. super cool. i'm enjoying it.

do you have a little coin belt? i have a few. makes it even more fun!
  • newbraidernewbraider Posts: 207Registered Users
    I think bellydance is beautiful. I took a class once but dropped out after a few tries. It was too crowded in there.
    Hair type - 4b :: Current Length - Zilch inches
    Umpteenth (+1) big chop - December 5, 2011
    Weight loss goal tracker :: Lost 12 pounds
    I am really loving belly dance classes, do them every Monday morning. My instructor has invited us to perform with her in Feb. I just might do it, though it's the night before my half marathon so I'm not sure yet. Sounds like fun though :)
    It's such an empowering thing to do and a fun way to get to know your body and how it likes to move
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
  • amt949amt949 Posts: 56Registered Users
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE bellydancing!! I do all kinds of dance, but this is my favorite! It is soo much fun and sexy.
    Phoenix AZ Curly!!
    Curl Type: (3aMii) 3a/Fine-Medium Texture/Normal Porosity/Medium Elasticity/BSL
    Co-Wash: Suave Strawberry, VO5 Strawberries n Creme
    Conditioning: Mirra Smoothing, GVP Conditioning Balm, Samy e-sen-cia Mandarin Citrus, GFTN, Mill Creek Aloe
    LI: Lustrasilk Shea Mango, LOOC
    Styling: BRHG, AG re:coil, SSCJ, LOOB, JC N&S
    DT/PT: PM Super Strong, SS DDM, Coconut Oil, EVOO, Lustrasilk, Nexxus Emergencee, Hask Henna 'n' Placenta
    CG since 11/03/09:sunny:
    I agree Amt, sexy and classy NOT sexy and skanky/trashy :p

I'm going for it, going to perform with her in Feb. I'm nervous and excited :)
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
  • ashjaashja Posts: 35Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Me! Me! *Raises hand*

I love belly dancing too. I've done it off and on for about six years, but I've only taken a few classes. Mostly I do workshops when I get a chance and drop in classes. I've performed twice. Still trying to work on getting my layering down pact. :)

What are your favorite bellydance music recommendations? I'm always on the lookout for new stuff to add to my collection.
    comic-p.jpg

http://fotki.com/ashjc87

8 years natural! 3b/3c/4a mix. med-coarse. cottony. shoulder length unstretched, almost apl stretched.

currently in product junkie rehab. attempting to simplify my routine.

currently using: v05 free me freesia condish, cantu shea-butter leave in, coconut oil, aussie moist shampoo (once a week), kinky curly curling custard
  • amt949amt949 Posts: 56Registered Users
    ashja wrote: »
    What are your favorite bellydance music recommendations? I'm always on the lookout for new stuff to add to my collection.

I second that!! I love the music, it inspires me when I dance.
    Phoenix AZ Curly!!
    Curl Type: (3aMii) 3a/Fine-Medium Texture/Normal Porosity/Medium Elasticity/BSL
    Co-Wash: Suave Strawberry, VO5 Strawberries n Creme
    Conditioning: Mirra Smoothing, GVP Conditioning Balm, Samy e-sen-cia Mandarin Citrus, GFTN, Mill Creek Aloe
    LI: Lustrasilk Shea Mango, LOOC
    Styling: BRHG, AG re:coil, SSCJ, LOOB, JC N&S
    DT/PT: PM Super Strong, SS DDM, Coconut Oil, EVOO, Lustrasilk, Nexxus Emergencee, Hask Henna 'n' Placenta
    CG since 11/03/09:sunny:
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Can anyone make a recommendation for some good bellydance instruction videos?
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
    BekkaPoo wrote: »

i got these for christmas but have been busy and haven't looked yet but they did have good reviews which is why i wanted them...pop & lock and slow moves. my teacher recommended one called 1000 shimmies. you have to search the net to find it. i don't think amazon carries it. also you might want to check out these free mini lessons
    videos that's my teacher in the videos.

i love belly dance. our classes start again tonight. i'm taking beginner 1 & beginner 2. yippee!!!
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    luvmylocs wrote: »

i got these for christmas but have been busy and haven't looked yet but they did have good reviews which is why i wanted them...pop & lock and slow moves. my teacher recommended one called 1000 shimmies. you have to search the net to find it. i don't think amazon carries it. also you might want to check out these free mini lessons

i love belly dance. our classes start again tonight. i'm taking beginner 1 & beginner 2. yippee!!!

Oooh.. thank you! :blob3: The E-how link is excellent..
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
    luvmylocs wrote: »

Oooh.. thank you! :blob3: The E-how link is excellent..

yes that link is GREAT and FREE!!! you're welcome. i'll let you know about those videos once i get a chance to watch/do them. also, a site with some good belly dance info is belly dance with shira

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file