CurlTalk

So is CK considered a leave-in?

Or a styling product? I always thought of it as a sort of gel under-layer. But if I'm using CK, does that mean I can probably skip doing a leave-in condish? I never thought of it as being very moisturizing, but I saw it mentioned a few places here as a LI.

Thanks!
Trying to figure out porosity - medium to low, I think? Medium texture, rapidly greying, and free of dye/relaxers since 2010. Recently chopped from hip length to a jaw-length stacked bob:)

Claim to fame - Inventor of plopping when it was called "the towel trick"!!

Cleanser: Deva Low Poo
Rinse-out/LI: Deva OneC, Curl Keeper
Styler: Krystal Ecostyler

Comments

• botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Posts: 896Registered Users
    No. It doesn't replace a leave-in. It doesn't replace it for me, at least.

It's has a very thin consistency, almost like water. It's not exactly "moisturizing" to me, but I do love it :)

But I always use a leave-in underneath. If I were you, I'd definitely use one before applying it! :)

Hope that helped!
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • battahbattah Posts: 271Registered Users
    Thanks! Since going back to CG I've been sort of minimalist with my products initially (just deva stuff for washing/conditioning and gel, mostly), so I put the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] aside for a while. It always made my hair super shiny, but I can't remember whether it moisturized much (probably not).

Going to add it back into the rotation. Thanks!
    Trying to figure out porosity - medium to low, I think? Medium texture, rapidly greying, and free of dye/relaxers since 2010. Recently chopped from hip length to a jaw-length stacked bob:)

Claim to fame - Inventor of plopping when it was called "the towel trick"!!

Cleanser: Deva Low Poo
    Rinse-out/LI: Deva OneC, Curl Keeper
    Styler: Krystal Ecostyler
  • marybethmarybeth Posts: 342Registered Users
    I call it a "serum." Can not live without it, totally controls the frizz.

3Aer...Botticelli Curls

• IamDonnaIamDonna Posts: 546Registered Users
    marybeth wrote: »
    I call it a "serum." Can not live without it, totally controls the frizz.

Ditto!!!
    :love1:3a Long (waist) thick med course dry thirsty
    Poo: Eulence moisture
    Co-wash: GVP CB
    Condish: GVP CB
    LI: KBB nectar
    Styler: CK CIAB
    Gel: BRHG
    DT: Curl Junkie
    Diffuse 70% dry
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FIamDonna%2F" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fhotimg23.fotki.com%2Fp%2Fa%2F70_149%2F75_144%2FDSCN0395-vi573.jpg" class="Popup
    NEW PICS
  • bettinflabettinfla Posts: 389Registered Users
    Do you apply it to soaking wet hair and are you using the CK or the poor man's version. I have tried the Equate diluted with 50 % water -- Is the CK better??????
    Homemade FSG, CK, KCCC and BRHG. Co wash w/Suave, or soap bars (occasionally) or Come Clean (Kinky Curly).
  • marybethmarybeth Posts: 342Registered Users
    I apply it to soaking wet hair, and finger it through my entire head. Make sure you cover your whole head, be generous with it. I use CK, not poor women's version.

3Aer...Botticelli Curls