CurlTalk

what are the rubber-like-bands...

Does anyone know what those rubber-like-bands that people use when they put their hair up are called??? it goes around their head. Uma thurman just had them in her hair on Regis and Kelly. anyone?!??

Comments

• wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users
    cool, I believe that is what i was talking about. Thanks!
  • crazywavescrazywaves Posts: 582Registered Users
    There called head bands.
  • RupertsWifeRupertsWife Posts: 492Registered Users
    Those trash ties are pretty cool looking and I love the concept that they won't get tangled in your hair. Looks like the material is somewhat silky. If you get some post a picture, I'm interested.

3b/c mix; mixture of fine, med. and coarse texture with med-high porosity

Current HG routine: Tresemme Naturals conditioner; AG Fast Food LI; AG Recoil; CJ CIAB = no crunch, lots of body and awesome definition :thumbup:

:rolleyes: Dutchess Daydreamer of the Desert Sands in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    :rolleyes:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcrazycurlz21%2F" class="Popup
    password:rupert
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    So are they rubber-band-like material that just look like trash ties, or are they material with wire in them?
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • RaquelM715RaquelM715 Posts: 8Registered Users
    I did a little checking and it looks like they are 'fabric covered wire fasteners, inspired by twist-ties'. They look so darn cute and I'm tempted to buy a couple. Thanks for the suggestion!
    3a when everything comes together, which isn't often enough!
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Does anyone know what those rubber-like-bands that people use when they put their hair up are called??? it goes around their head. Uma thurman just had them in her hair on Regis and Kelly. anyone?!??

I have headbands that look just like the larger version of the ouchless hair elastics; come in all different colors. I think they're made by Goody.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users
    msgiblet wrote: »

I have headbands that look just like the larger version of the ouchless hair elastics; come in all different colors. I think they're made by Goody.

yea, i have tons of those. i use them for less than perfect 2nd day hair.
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV