My First 10k

xtremelyperfectxtremelyperfect Posts: 177Registered Users
Hi everyone! Today I ran my first 10k ever with my roommate! It was a great experience and I wrote all about it on my blog. I think next up is a half marathon. woot! :toothy7:
life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
Message me for my Tumblr.
Follow me on Twitter: @xtremelyperfect
My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Awesome! :nike:
    And how cute are you?! :toothy7:
    btw...I see you love football...c'mon over to the non-hair board & chat w/ us! :cool:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Posts: 1,559Registered Users
    wow! congratulations!! I was just telling Wile on the accountability thread that a 10k is a great starting place to head into a half marathon. C'mon over there and chat with us, this was my first year of half marathons and I enjoyed it so much I did 3 of them and a 25k! I never thought I'd be running half marathons, but it's such a great distance and the races are so much fun!
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mamacurl7/
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? http://katiebutton.rovia.com/
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey, I was there, too! Didn't you see me? (LOL-- 8,500 runners, probably not!)

Isn't that a great event? So inspiring. And I still remember how excited I was the first time I ran it. CONGRATULATIONS! This will be the beginning of great things for you. :toothy8:

Post if you're planning to run next year -- maybe we can have a curly meetup/stretching session.....

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Fantastic!! I'm hoping to be good enough to run a 10k in the spring.... right now I'm still in 5k zone.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Fantastic!! I'm so happy for you!

I'm currently working my way up to 10k. My first race will be in mid-January.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file