Making Flaxseed Gel

piratecurlpiratecurl Registered Users Posts: 104 Curl Novice
Hi Y'all,

Made my first batch of FSG last night and am trying it this a.m. Not sure how much to use, my hair is bsl wet, very dry and course, wavy on top, curly underneath. I know that's a lot of info, sorry. Also, what do I do with the FSG to keep it fresh? I have more questions, but that's enough for now. Thanks:pirate:

Comments

• belasunabelasuna Registered Users Posts: 599
    Hi Piratecurl, Congrats on making your first batch of FSG. I love the stuff. As far as keeping it fresh, unless you use a preservative you will have to keep it in the fridge. Without a preservative it will only last a few days. A readily available natural preserative is Grapefruit seed extract. I've seen it at Whole Foods, Good Earth and Health Food stores. Use 6 drops per oz.

When putting on FSG use alot and put it on soaking wet hair. Some put it over a leave in. Some put it on just washed hair. I've done both and both work. The key is to use a lot. My hair is about your length and I use perhaps 1 oz of product, sometimes more. It is trial and error. For the first time, put on what you think you need then 2 dallops more.

I hope this helps.
    ~belasuna :angel1:
    3a/b, very dry, fine/med-coarse, high porosity
    CG since 7/27/09
    Bella Curl Products
    CW: protein free-cleansing creme
    CO: protein free MRcondish
    Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum
    Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    yea. rule of thumb, no such thing as too much!
    para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file