Just joined and I am up for any advice you guys would be generous enough to share

Curly FriesCurly Fries Registered Users Posts: 17
I am 17 and have only had very tight ringlets since I was about 13 before that it was just coarse very wavy hair.

I was wondering if you guys would be able to give me any advice on how to tame the mane.

I surf very often so I always have salty frizzy hair and my ringlets become more defined the longer I stay out of the water.

My Dad has straight hair and my Mum has very loose ringlets so I had to learn how to manage it on my own over the years.

So any advice given will be appreciated! :thumright:

Comments

• McCurlieMcCurlie Registered Users Posts: 48
    [posting for my husband who's to lazy to get an account :)]

He swears by Aubrey Organics shampoo and conditioner. He is in the ocean more than he's on land, and used to have really dry, salty, sometimes smelly hair. He stared using their special line for swimmers and his hair improved by leaps and bounds. I would try their shampoo (if you shampoo), their conditioner, a good leave in, and experiment with some sort of deep treatment. I would just get on yourself about making sure you get all the salt out of your hair, and that you keep it as moisturized as possible.

I'm not sure if this would work for you but he also slicks his hair back with castor oil before he goes out. This seems to seal his hair and keep a lot of the saltwater from penetrating the cuticle.

Hope this helps!

p.s. here is the shampoo link http://www.aubrey-organics.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=072
    3b/c med/porous/wsl
    Momma to a little 3a dude

co-wash: Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner
    leave-in: GVP Conditioning Balm
    deep treatment: Sunflower oil mixed with GVP Conditioning Balm
    styling: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel

my hair twin

(love this little guy ---->
    :rambo:)
  • KubyKuby Registered Users Posts: 3
    What's there to tame man? Your hair looks awesome. Unless it's really dry or there's a non-visual problem, I wouldn't change a thing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file