Halloween?

deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
What are your kiddos planning for Halloween??

Liam is being a firefighter! (my idea, I gently prodded!!) he already has a cool yellow fireman's coat (raincoat) he has rainboots that are look like firemans boots and he has a black plastic fireman's hat that he got at a local fair from our local Firedepartment.

I plan on stuffing a old black stocking with paper or a towel and making a firehose.. I have a feeling this is going to be the best!

D
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    Danae will be Supergirl this year. I just picked up her costume today.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    nynaeve77 wrote: »

What is Danae being in the avatar pic ??
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    DS is being a dragon. His costume isn't cartoon-like. The dragon scales are even iridescent. I tried the costume on him couple of weeks ago and it fits him beautifully. He's excited to have claws!
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • curlymelcurlymel Registered Users Posts: 359
    Audrey is being Snow White, although she may change her mind! She also loves Aurora.
    Type 3a/3b, fine/medium hair, modified CG since 12/2003, Using CHS Curl Keeper, Bioterra gel, Ojon, Elucence
    http://public.fotki.com/curlymel/ Password: curls
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    majerle said she wanted to be a ladybug this year. my goal is to make/sew her costume each year and the thought of making a tutu was giving me a huge headache.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    deedles wrote: »
    nynaeve77 wrote: »

What is Danae being in the avatar pic ??

Wonder Woman...I'd let her be that, but she had a growth spurt and that costume comes about halfway up her booty now. Still fits great in the waist, though...LOL

ETA: Subbrock, that ladybug costume is flippin' fantastic! Majerle is so cute!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    Steven is going to be a money and Callie is going to be a sweet pea
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    She wanted to be cake and I had even figured out how to do it. Today she announced she's going to be Alice in Wonderland. I can't sew, so we just ordered something. I'm kind of disappointed. I was looking forward to making the cake costume.
  • TrenellTrenell Registered Users Posts: 3,562 Curl Connoisseur
    Isaiah has told me:

Ninja Turtle
    Michael Jackson

and now: Iron Man
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Registered Users Posts: 5,844 Curl Neophyte
    Subbrock I'm impressed...too cute.

Luke is going as Snake Eyes from GI Joe and my mom found Ivy the cutest devil costume. Now to figure out what to do...
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

scratch that. There are no Iron Man costumes in his wee size. I asked him what else. His response: Flash

Where in the world is he getting these No summer Blockbuster movie having heroes? Can I get a Superman or a Batman.

Thankfully I found a 2T Flash. I also found a Duck. Isaiah wasn't having it. Well I had two good years of dressing him as I wanted.
    26_IY114789GW_NOCOLOR_3.jpg

No clue how all his hair is going to fit in that hood
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    My oldest wants to be a mummy (yay to not spending $20 on something he'll use once and never again). I can rip up some white sheets.

My oldest daughter will be Sleeping Beauty (too bad she cut her hair...she looks more like Dora now).

My middle daughter will be a bunny rabbit.

My wee one will be either a clown or medieval princess.

Subrock, great job on the tutu. Marjerle is going to look great. And can I say, her curls are to die for.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    medussa wrote: »
    My oldest wants to be a mummy (yay to not spending $20 on something he'll use once and never again). I can rip up some white sheets.

My oldest daughter will be Sleeping Beauty (too bad she cut her hair...she looks more like Dora now).

My middle daughter will be a bunny rabbit.

My wee one will be either a clown or medieval princess.

Subrock, great job on the tutu. Marjerle is going to look great. And can I say, her curls are to die for.

Did C cut her own hair or did she choose to have it cut? Sadly, Maya cut her own hair and now also resembles Dora the Explorer with SUPER SHORT bangs. Grrrr.

Max hasn't decided- he was going to be a skateboarding zombie, then some BMX biker dude (I was going to give him one of those nametags that say 'hello My name is...'. I've been pushing him towards a mummy in recent weeks.

This week, Maya says she will be a ballerina.

Aidan will be a dog because he loves dogs. I don't have the costume yet because I'm looking for something kind of big bad wolfish. Suits his personality :) .
  • sarah42sarah42 Registered Users Posts: 4,034
    I elected that the two boys would be Batman and Robin. I let Connor choose, and he wanted to be Robin, so we're having little Batman and big Robin. I ordered their costumes online a couple weeks ago.

Subbrock, great job with the costume! I need to try sewing one someday, but not this year.
    ehLB.jpg
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,904
    Lilly will be a white bunny. I need to try the costume on her again since I got it about 3 weeks ago. I think it will still fit, but you never know.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    Great tutu, up there! I made one last year and my daughter hated it! HATED! But they're so fun to make, I'm constantly trying to convince people they need them. Going to a wedding, don't have a dress...ummm...let me make you a tutu! NO the bride won't mind! It's good luck to have a crazy lady in a tutu at your wedding, everyone knows this!
  • Jenny CJenny C Registered Users Posts: 1,195
    Sophia is being Dora and Lucy is being Mariana (the mermaid from Dora Saves the Mermaid Kingdom).

It is an Ariel costume, but I bought a gold crown to go with it and poof - it's Mariana.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    Harry is going to be a monkey, wearing the costume we bought last year that he would not wear.

Nathan...sigh! I had wanted to get him some "My First Halloween" pajamas or a pumpkin hat or something, but he is wearing 12-18 month size. I guess they figure if your baby is that big, it couldn't be his first Halloween. I can't find anything like that beyond 9 month size. I will most likely just dress him in his Carter's brown bear bunting suit, which just barely fits him now. If he outgrows that by the end of the month, he can just go as a giant baby. Which he is, I guess. :tongue:
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    CGNYC wrote: »
    Great tutu, up there! I made one last year and my daughter hated it! HATED! But they're so fun to make, I'm constantly trying to convince people they need them. Going to a wedding, don't have a dress...ummm...let me make you a tutu! NO the bride won't mind! It's good luck to have a crazy lady in a tutu at your wedding, everyone knows this!

I have totally gotten on the tutu wagon for Callie...I have decided the only way she can wear Steven's sports hand me downs (Bengals and OSU onsies) is to pair them with a matching tutu so she looks like a girl and not a boy...although putting her in one with a pink onsie was probably overkill but they are SOOO cute and fun to make...yes, she will be in therapy one day.
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Subbrock...that is so cute!!

Addison is going to be a pumkin and Chas is Spiderman. I'll be interested to see if he ends up wearing the mask with his glasses or not. Needless to say he is really excited. I can't wait too...hmmmm maybe I need a costume as well. Any mommies dressing up?
    =Any mommies dressing up?

I always have to have costumes. One tame enough for the kiddies and one for when we go out later that night sans toddler. My gorwn folks costume will consider of wet look shiny leggins, knee boots, black vinyl bustier and a black wig. I'm going as a vampire.

Mommy costume: not sure. But even my Mommy costumes are a little.... One year I wore a black velour tracksuit, dark make-up and a fanny pack with tic tac filled perscription bottles and mini booze bottles. I was bad soccer mommy.
    My going out without the kids costume is a pin-up nurse costume. I probably could wear it around them but it's more comfy to be in jeans while trick-or-treating IMO. Here it is though.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Registered Users Posts: 1,559
    Max, my 4yr old will be Max of the Wild things (doesn't want to be King Max, just the one who throws on his wolf suit and makes all kinds of mischief) :p

Olivia, my 6yr old, is going to be Winter Solstice

and Nyla, 2yr old...dbt

Jess, love the pinup girl costume. Where did you get it?
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mamacurl7/
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? http://katiebutton.rovia.com/
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    Well, the latest is that the little one wants to be Sponge Bob... :lol:
    I got it last year and it is HOT! SO couldn't keep his hands off me ;)

I got it here at Cinema Secrets

http://store.cinemasecretsonline.com/674.html

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Registered Users Posts: 3,778 Curl Neophyte
    Lucy is going to be a cowgirl. She has a horse to "ride," a red hat, a bandana, a vest, and chaps. She has been practicing to say "Yee haw!"
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Mamacurl3 wrote: »
    Max, my 4yr old will be Max of the Wild things (doesn't want to be King Max, just the one who throws on his wolf suit and makes all kinds of mischief) :p

Olivia, my 6yr old, is going to be Winter Solstice

and Nyla, 2yr old...dbt

Jess, love the pinup girl costume. Where did you get it?

How are you doing the wolf suit or where did you get it?
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    Alexander is going to be a police officer and Bastian will be a bumblebee. I am bummed that Xan wants to be something practical rather than fuzzy but it's his choice.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    River wanted to be a shark, but can't find a shark costume under $50. I might make one or find something else. I'm not dressing up until we go out later that night. I bought a pair of roller skates @ a yard sale & wanted to be Roller Girl from Boogie nights, but my husband is concerned a/b me drinking & skating! LOL! Or... I have red hair, so one thought was to be Victoria the bad vampire from Twilight.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Registered Users Posts: 3,778 Curl Neophyte
    My parents brought Lucy a kangaroo costume this weekend. It has a baby in the pouch and is pretty cute.

Anyway, Lucy can't pronounce kangaroo. She calls it a "diaperoo." :laughing6:
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file