Help with my dd's dry, matted hair!!!

daisy41203daisy41203 Registered Users Posts: 1
I recently adopted a 3.5 year old daughter from Ethiopia. And cannot keep her hair moisturized. Her hair is about 4 inches stretched on top and 2 inches on the sides and back (she was shaved in January) and when she wakes up in the morning it is about .5 inches long and matted. It is type 4a with some 3c.

She is a wild sleeper, she sleeps in a crib becuase in a toddler bed, she falls out ten or more times a night. I have tried everything to keep a silk cap on her head, but it is too big. I also tried a silk pillowcase but it is never under her head :).

Does anybody have any ideas on how to keep a silk cap on her head and which one to buy?

Comments

• Katie@HappyGirlHair.com[email protected] Registered Users Posts: 31
    Congratulations on the adoption of your daughter!

Try a Lycra (bathing suit material) swim cap. They are lightweight, stretchy, breathable and make excellent sleep caps. Some are available from a woman in Canada named Nadia ([email protected]). Hers come in several sizes, including infant and toddler and stay on really well. You can also do a search for Lycra swim caps to see a few other choices, or you can try calling around to your local swim gear shops.

Happy Girl Hair
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    try lining her crib with a satin sheet. thats what i did/do for my little girl. she never stays on her satin pillow, so even though shes moved up to a toddler bed, i kept the same satin blanket tucked into her bed as a backup.
  • afrikurlafrikurl Registered Users Posts: 736
    subbrock wrote: »
    try lining her crib with a satin sheet. thats what i did/do for my little girl. she never stays on her satin pillow, so even though shes moved up to a toddler bed, i kept the same satin blanket tucked into her bed as a backup.

ditto on the satin sheets

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file