Miss jessies Salon

SossoSosso Posts: 12Registered Users
Any one out there have a silkner from Miss Jessies salon and how do you maintain it in between touchups?

Comments

• jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    I haven't had it done, but I do know that the silkener is basically just some relaxer "cut" with conditioner. Plently of other stylists do this; perhaps you will find more people who have had it done if you cross-post this on the Transitioning board.

In addition, I think there is a thread on one of the hair type boards about the silkener. I will look for it and see if I can post the link here:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=78728&highlight=curve+salon+mother
  • SossoSosso Posts: 12Registered Users
    Where is the transtioning board? And yes I know it is a perm and conditioner I figured that out, but I already started the process with my hair, and I have to admit I like it, my hair was healthy growing, and I had versatlity I could finally wear a wash and go. I have been natural for fifteen years but because my hair breaks so quickly I could not maintain any growth, it is soo painful to see your hair grow quickly but you can not keep it. So now I am working with the silkner but now I am having problems maintaing a look when the new growth comes in, the textures are so different I am I think a 4b, 4a, and I am trying to find ways or products to help achieve some sort of look in between touchups.

Anyway any information you have I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Here is a link to the transitioning board:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=18

I think you should post this in 4a as well as the transitioning board, to maximize your responses.

I feel what you are saying about the breakage. I am trying to remedy that too, some hair is more vulnerable than others. I think my issue is dryness, so I am working on delivering as much moisture as possible, and trying to seal it in. Could that be a reason for your hair? There is also the possibility of your hair not getting the nutrition it needs.

In terms of styling, are you interested in products or styling methods?
    Thanks I did put it on the transitiong board, guess I am still finding my way around the site. I do use styling products, everything from [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]curly pudding[/buylink], to mizani products. The [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]curly pudding[/buylink] works but once I get the new growth it is hard to find anything that allows me to look okay, my textures start showing and it looks biazarre, and I have no body any more. My hair broke off severly to the root on my left side of my head guess it was weaken and now I am trying to grow that back. I do moisturize, and condition my hair via rinsing and treatments under the dryer two to three times a week, with a plastic cap of course. This has helped, but I need the right balance.
    Have you tried using wet sets to blend the different curl types? I do roller sets, coil outs, and braid outs on my hair. I try to use products that have a thick consistency as my hair is thick and the curl is *tight*. They can last nearly a week on my hair, so I don't have to stress it out by detangling and restyling daily.

I know a lot of people do these sets to blend differences in curl and texture when they are transitioning.

Your breakage sounds a lot more severe than mine, and I'm glad to hear that you're having some luck remedying this through DTs. I want to structure my own DT routine, but I want to wait until I get some products I can trust as staples.

Have you tried massaging your scalp so the new growth comes in more healthy? I have recently started doing this again and I know a lot of posters swear by it. A friend of mine with breakage from terrible relaxer and extensions damage had great results. She massaged her hair with rosemary essential oil and her hair came in really thick and healthy. It was really encouraging to see.
    Thanks, I will try the rosemary essential oils.
  • ConcernedCoilsConcernedCoils Posts: 106Registered Users
    Sosso wrote:
    Thanks I did put it on the transitiong board, guess I am still finding my way around the site. I do use styling products, everything from [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]curly pudding[/buylink], to mizani products. The [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]curly pudding[/buylink] works but once I get the new growth it is hard to find anything that allows me to look okay, my textures start showing and it looks biazarre, and I have no body any more. My hair broke off severly to the root on my left side of my head guess it was weaken and now I am trying to grow that back. I do moisturize, and condition my hair via rinsing and treatments under the dryer two to three times a week, with a plastic cap of course. This has helped, but I need the right balance.

While, there's nothing wrong with having a texturizer if that's what you want, but If you have hair-loss related problems, you should see your dermatologist to determine if it is medical or style-related injury. Chemical serivces will only make breakage worse in the long run.

If you have brittle hair issues, try natural hair-milk formulations like carol's daughte hair milk applied to clean, damp hair. And also try protective styling, cleansing,conditioning and styling hair in sections.
    Also olive oil + water mixture alone or under another leave-in works wonders.

Good luck!
    products:
    co-washing with any Aubrey Organics product
    Olive Oil +/under leave-in for super soft hair!
    Whipped Karite/Shea or Avocado butter leave-in
    Also lots of water, pilates and meditation
    Thanks! But no it's not just falling out from the root. It's just breakage from the ends , if the split ends are not fixed, then it will break all the way to the root. I have been to the dermatologist and I am fine. I am increasing some vitamins to help the hair that comes in to be healthier and to speed up growth, which I cleared with my doctor. And yes chemicals do break the hair but it all depends on the care. To be honest I had breakage even when I had natural hair, some people think that once you go natural your hair never breaks! this is a misconception, I once thougth this and realized it is not true. It's all about the care natural or chemical I've seen women with chemically altered hair that is fanastic healthy, well maintained, and I 've seen women with natural hair that is broken off dry and ill cared for and vice versa with a chemical. So it's all about the care. I had natural hair for soo long I forgot the care chemcially altered hair needs, and now I am working on that. I am using the Audrey Organics GPB conditioner, and I condition my hair at least three times a week. I also do hot oil treatments, and I am increasing my protein intake by taking a shake once a day, as well as getting regular trims on my ends, and not combing as much.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file