very coarse hair

mus2mus2 Posts: 11Registered Users
I have about the coarsest hair of anyone I have ever known! Some strands when held between my fingers will stand up by themselves. I love having curly hair but my hair is very stiff and I would like more movement and less kink. Does anyone relate? I have tried and tried to find a curl twin but noone seems to have my hair type. It has about a 3a curl pattern. Do you think there is anything out there that could help with just the texture? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
password: curly

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    are you following the Curly Girl method?
    3b-3c CG
  • jen2luvcurlsjen2luvcurls Posts: 10Registered Users
    Yes, my hair is super-coarse, and about that in curls. Unfortunatly, I've never found a real solution. And fight my hair everyday.
  • nepanthenepanthe Posts: 292Registered Users
    mus2 wrote:
    I have about the coarsest hair of anyone I have ever known! Some strands when held between my fingers will stand up by themselves. I love having curly hair but my hair is very stiff and I would like more movement and less kink. Does anyone relate? I have tried and tried to find a curl twin but noone seems to have my hair type. It has about a 3a curl pattern. Do you think there is anything out there that could help with just the texture? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

I believe my hairmay be like yours only in the stiff catagory but my hair is more thicker and more coarse. I would catagorize my hair as 4c or 5a if any category exist,( do not believe in those catagories, just wanted you to know what I am working with). My hair needs a lot of manipulation in order to look presentable. I do twist outs, braid outs, you name it I do it..
  • curls_r_greatcurls_r_great Posts: 76Registered Users
    i can deffenitly relate. glad someonmefinally said something....its just dang course....sometimes u dont kno what to do :cry:
    Password: I CHANGED MY PASSWORD PEOPLE!
    Many Textures..Very Dry, Very Coarse hair
    plain and simple Im 4a-3b mostly 4a&3c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file