CurlTalk

alternatives to the pineapple?

Like most school-aged curlies, I do my hair at night because i'd rather not go to school with wet hair all day! (takes about 5 hours to fully dry)

I'm having some issues with keeping my hair nice overnight! I used a satin nightcap for a while (just stuck my hair in it loose) but it always squashes the curls :( I can't pineapple because of my volume.. It's too big in general, but after a pineapple night, the volume is insane! (and not in a good way :P )

So, does anyone have any suggestions?
3b/c coarse, porous (I think), and THICK! Mod CG since: 10/11/08
Avoiding humectants and protein!

Comments

• RupertsWifeRupertsWife Posts: 492Registered Users
    bump'

I'm curious on this one too, everytime I have ever gone to bed with wet hair it turns out wonky the next morning (yes wonky is a technical term)

3b/c mix; mixture of fine, med. and coarse texture with med-high porosity

Current HG routine: Tresemme Naturals conditioner; AG Fast Food LI; AG Recoil; CJ CIAB = no crunch, lots of body and awesome definition :thumbup:

:rolleyes: Dutchess Daydreamer of the Desert Sands in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    :rolleyes:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcrazycurlz21%2F" class="Popup
    password:rupert
  • dezinhaferreiradezinhaferreira Posts: 42Registered Users
    Hi, you can try to put all your hair on the pillow of satin, and make sure he was not fuses under your neck when lying down.

I have short hair and I can not make the pineapple to sleep well. Hence, when I lie down, stand up all my hair so that it does not get down on my head.

I managed to be clear? rs

If necessary, take a photo and publish here. :thumbup:

xoxo
    Brazilian Curly Girl

:toothy10::queen::toothy10:
  • MausiMausi Posts: 34Registered Users
    Deleted.
  • SandiSandi Posts: 364Registered Users
    I have class at 7:00 in the morning and have to walk (takes 15-20 minutes). In other words, I am done with showering by 6-6:15 or so. It's actually not that bad. Because of my length, satin pillow cases and pineapples aren't doing it for me; my hair always turns out bad in the morning..
    Hair Type: 3c/4a, Coarse, Med-High Density, Med-Low Porosity
    Curly since '09