Looser curls

curl_ny09curl_ny09 Registered Users Posts: 1
Good evening,
I'm new to this whole curly hair care thing and I'm pretty sure I'm a 3b, with something like 2a or b on the sides and back, which gets annoying really.
I however just recently cut my hair shorter and letting it grow out again. I'm also starting to use actual products that moisturize my hair and not leave it frizzy and stuff. Really learning a lot from this site helps too.
My question is, what should I use for my hair to loosen up my curls so they aren't so tight to my head.
I usually shower at night, so what would I need to do or use in the morning to "style" up my hair. And by style I mean put some product in it to give it some extra moisture and be on my merry way. Pomade? Some sort of mouse?
I'm a big fan of the rolling out of bed look since that's what I do 99.9% of the time.
Thank you

Comments

• SparxHovaSparxHova Registered Users Posts: 27
    You may want to try a baking soda treatment. I tried it last night and it did loosen up my curl but I think you have to do it like once a month or something. Ask around...I'm kind of a newbie also...
    3C/4A mix
    120x90-vi.jpg437x5-vi.jpg
    Herbal Essence Hello Hydration

Biotera Curl Creme and Styling Gel or Kinky Curly Knot Today and Curly Custard

Jessiecurl weekly deep conditioning treatment or Mixed Chicks deep conditioning treatment

All sorts of oils.:compress:
    http://public.fotki.com/Sparxhova/
  • jostusjostus Registered Users Posts: 5
    I find applying product to barely damp or dry hair helps strecth out the curl and allows for less shrinkage then if product is applyed to wet hair. I think it has to do with how long it takes the hair to dry after styling.The longer it takes the hair to dry the more time you allow for shrinkage and thus the tighter the curl.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file