CurlTalk

how do you grow it?

curlychica1curlychica1 Posts: 2Registered Users
hey

my mom is hispanic with beautiful curly hair. my dad is black with kinky hair. i got more of my mom's hair but it gets really dry sometimes and i haven't been able to grow it for about 2 years!!! i really want it to be down to my butt like it used to be, but i don't know how! any abody got any ideas? 8)
Lady N.M.R the Great and Valiant

Comments

• briccagrlbriccagrl Posts: 540Registered Users
    I've been trying to grow my hair long for years :? curly hair just takes a little longer to get the length. Most imporant is give those curls plenty of TLC and lots of conditoner. Im sure you'll find lots of great info on this site....Welcome :D
    .png
  • vballgirl00321vballgirl00321 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Hey curlychica1, I know I am trying to grow out my hair too! I cut it all off down to my shoulders and I hate it. I dont know if this will work for you, but I use this Leave in Garnier Fructis [after shower] length and strenth stuff. [because I also have very thin hair] and its working pretty good. My hair grows really slow and this stuff is speeding up the process. I hope I've helped! :)
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    Hey curlychica1, I know I am trying to grow out my hair too! I cut it all off down to my shoulders and I hate it. I dont know if this will work for you, but I use this Leave in Garnier Fructis [after shower] length and strenth stuff. [because I also have very thin hair] and its working pretty good. My hair grows really slow and this stuff is speeding up the process. I hope I've helped! :)

I'll have to try this stuff. My mom is latina and white, with beautiful, strong straight hair; my dad is black and latino with crazy frizzy hair--guess whose hair I got! My hair is super fragile due to being fine to begin with, and then I relax, blow dry and flat iron. There is hair all over my bathroom every day. It never grows due to breakage. I HATE HATE HATE it. It looks terrible if I wear it curly, and is high maintenance to wear it straight.

The only time my hair has grown significantly since cutting it a million years ago is when I wore it braided for a 3-yr period. Then, stupidly I colored it, and then I started straightening and flatironing every day...it broke off all over and has never grown back.

So if wearing braids is an option for you, it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix