Eyelash curler

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
This is probably a lame question and you would think I my age (almost 30) I would know how to do this, but how do you use an eyelash curler. I can't seem to get the hang of it.
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i never could either!

every time i'd try... i'd end up pinching my eyelid!

:cry:

now that i have my little heated one, i'm a happy camper!

you just press your lashes up with it - no pinching required!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    every time i'd try... i'd end up pinching my eyelid!

Me too. That 's why I quit trying. I will lookk into the heated one.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • ariesxtremeariesxtreme Posts: 123Registered Users
    I don't even bother with traditional eyelash curlers anymore, this by far is the best one I've used which is a heated one. I actually put on mascara first, let it set and then use this. The mascara kind of works as a conditioner if you will to help set the curl. It's Blinc's heated curler which I ordered from their site, best $25 I've ever spent.

It doesn't overheat either since it's set to only heat up to a certain temperature.
  • briccagrlbriccagrl Posts: 540Registered Users
    Im so glad Im not the only one :) . I have tried so many times to use one and I either pinch my eyelids or the curl doesnt look right. I dont even bother anymore.
    .png
  • MegaraMegara Posts: 424Registered Users
    I might have to go get mine when I'm typing this out, so I can describe it right. I curl mine before I put mascara on, first of all. I don't know if this is obvious or not, but you want to curl with the curve upwards, like a rainbow or an upside down U. I start at the base of my lashes and pump the handle like, two or three times. Then I move the curler down my lashes, oh, about half way and pump again two or three times. This makes the curl more obvious. Then mascara.
    Oh, and make sure your eyelash curler has a pad or something on it. I know of someone who lost the pad on hers, and she whacked off her eyelashes!
    HTH.
    pw:curls

To quote wild_sasparilla:
    'Thou shaketh it a little and it feeleth alright.'
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I heat my regular eyelash curler with my blow dryer for about 15 seconds...I dont put it real close to the end of the dryver and kinda wave the cruler back and forth. It really helps the curl stay.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    The link I posted with makeup videos has one showing how to use an eyelash curler. I also heat mine with a blowdryer.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    They also make eyelash curlers that aren't scary and clamp-like. You'll find them next to the others at the drugstore.
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote:
    I heat my regular eyelash curler with my blow dryer for about 15 seconds...I dont put it real close to the end of the dryver and kinda wave the cruler back and forth. It really helps the curl stay.

Me too
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just bought a heated eyelash curler at Ulta for $2.99. Works great.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i love mine!

i think megara explained the use better than i could..

i'm happy with an eyelash curler and some burts bees lip balm :)
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have seen one that looks more like tweezers and will curl the outer corners of the lashes. I might try that because I still don't think I am getting the clamp type right.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file