Another SOTC question...please ANYBODY

How do I completely get my hair to be crunch free when I SOTC? Sometimes, my hair scrunches out nicely (but it has been a while) and other times my hair is partially scrunched where the curls are almost soft but not quite and other sections (usually on the top of my head) are hard and stringy. Not to mention those parts still look wet and they are as hard and stringy as can be!

I have switched from gel to mousse and back again with the same results. Also, I use coconut oil (pure) to SOTC. Any suggestions?

This is my current routine: L'oreal Ever Pure for colored hair (once a week maybe less)----Condish wash with Suave CoConut condish in between---Elucence Moist condish or Terax Crema depending on how thirsty my hair is----[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] leave in---- [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]----and gel (ie; HETT or HESMU or L'oreal Melting Gel)or mousse.

Also my hair is very coarse, high in porosity,dry and absolutely prone to frizz and color treated.
Thanks all. Whewww:laughing4: Long winded I know, sorry.
Coarse--M. Porosity--Frizz Prone--3/3b hair. HATES: Glycerin , Mineral Oil,various proteins,silicones.

Wash: L'oreal Ever Pure for color treated hair
Condish : Terax Crema (simply the best)
Leave-In: KCKT
Prep: ? Looking for the HG
Curl Enhancer: Alterna Hemp Straightening Balm
Stylers: PM Foam
Love: ACV rinses and baking soda washes. :flower:

Comments

• NicaCurlsNicaCurls Posts: 164Registered Users
    How much are you using? Have you tried playing around with the amounts? Perhaps using more leave-in than usual and less gel/mousse?
    Pacific Northwest 3a/3b, medium all across the board, possibly porous.

Low-Poo: Trader Joe's Refresh
    Co-wash: V05 Tea Therapy Chamomile, Giovanni TTTT
    Rinse-out: GVP Conditioning Balm, Yes to Tomatoes, EO Chamomile & Honey
    Leave-in: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Sonoma Soap Company First Crush
    Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT
    Gels: BRHG, Biotera
    Stylers/Mousses: Komaza Coconut Pudding, Curls Goddess Glaze
  • mlle_carriemlle_carrie Posts: 79Registered Users
    Do you scrunch in your gel while your hair is still dripping wet?

• lovemycurlzlovemycurlz Posts: 330Registered Users
    I used to scrunch the stuff in on sopping wet hair but I stopped doing that for what reason I don't know. AND, if I rem. correctly I actually COULD sotc back then. OMG!! What an idiot!! THANK YOU Mlle_Carrie. I am gonna try that tom. Thank you so much!!!
    Coarse--M. Porosity--Frizz Prone--3/3b hair. HATES: Glycerin , Mineral Oil,various proteins,silicones.

Wash: L'oreal Ever Pure for color treated hair
    Condish : Terax Crema (simply the best)
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Prep: ? Looking for the HG
    Curl Enhancer: Alterna Hemp Straightening Balm
    Stylers: PM Foam
    Love: ACV rinses and baking soda washes. :flower:

• mlle_carriemlle_carrie Posts: 79Registered Users
    LOL...I know, I stopped doing that for a bit too. I think because I didn't want my gel residue to build up all over the floor of my tub. But for me personally, it is so much harder to SOTC if I apply gel to towel dried hair. I hope it worked for you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file