What conditioner (not cowash) do you use?

I just found out that the conditioner I'm currently using contains amedethicone (I think that's what it's called). So I'm definitely switching.

What one do you use?
Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?

Comments

• janieboojanieboo Posts: 141Registered Users
    I use Think Happy Organic Surge in the grapefruit scent. Smells like heaven, and it's nice, but tbh after I'm done it I will probably go for a thicker condish ... on the one hand it's nice because it's not heavy, on the other hand I feel I could use something a little thicker and more moisturizing. It does contain a water soluable cone.

Are you using the L'oreal Pro Vive Hydra Gloss that everyone here uses for long hair? Because that one does not have a cone, and people seem to swear by it!

I rely on my leave-in to help condition my hair as well ... I use La Coupe Fragarance Free. I really like it BECAUSE it is light, though, and doesn't weight down my hair. That company also makes an organic leave in that is CG ... I'll probably try that next time. The only reason I went with the frag-free one this time was it was on sale and, well, I'm a student. :P
  • ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Posts: 351Registered Users
    Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, GVP Conditioning Balm, and Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin.
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

• botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Posts: 896Registered Users
    janieboo wrote: »
    I use Think Happy Organic Surge in the grapefruit scent. Smells like heaven, and it's nice, but tbh after I'm done it I will probably go for a thicker condish ... on the one hand it's nice because it's not heavy, on the other hand I feel I could use something a little thicker and more moisturizing. It does contain a water soluable cone.

Are you using the L'oreal Pro Vive Hydra Gloss that everyone here uses for long hair? Because that one does not have a cone, and people seem to swear by it!

I rely on my leave-in to help condition my hair as well ... I use La Coupe Fragarance Free. I really like it BECAUSE it is light, though, and doesn't weight down my hair. That company also makes an organic leave in that is CG ... I'll probably try that next time. The only reason I went with the frag-free one this time was it was on sale and, well, I'm a student. :P

Well, I just checked the bottle and it doesn't say anything like "for long hair." It says "for dry or damaged hair." There must be several types...I may purchase the one for long hair since it doesn't have silicones.
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

• AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    Just a note that the LVPNG you want is the one for Long Hair that is curly/wavy. It is a pink bottle but it seems to be very hard to find.
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    I use Suave conditioners and love giovanni. I've also used and like the GVP (generic value product-Sally's). My favorite is Giovanni...50/50. I also like the Garnier (cone-less), they work really well for me. These are all very moisturizing, thick and creamy.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Aubrey Organics (fave scent is Honeysuckle Rose). All the ones I've tried have been great though.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just picked up GVP Conditioning Balm at Sally's :) I'm hoping my curls will like it.

• sweetsevensweetseven Posts: 409Registered Users
    The Yes to Tomatoes conditioner is excellent for my hair.
    3B/3C
    medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
    conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
    styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
    dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
    butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    sweetseven wrote: »
    The Yes to Tomatoes conditioner is excellent for my hair.

+1

I just tried this today and I love it! It was very moisturizing but didn't leave any residue and my hair felt soft but was not flat and lifeless. :love4:
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    Afroveda's Ashlii Amala Conditioner is awesome for my hair. I also love Afroveda's Holy Basil Conditioner. :pr:
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • werenumber2werenumber2 Posts: 260Registered Users
    Just picked up GVP Conditioning Balm at Sally's :) I'm hoping my curls will like it.

I really like that stuff. Another pick for me is Shescentit's Avocado conditioner. The slip and detangling properties are amazing. It smells really good too and the price is right.

I've started using my Aubrey Organics' Honeysuckle Rose as a deep conditioner. It really is THAT rich and moisturizing.
    comic-p.jpg

3b/c fine corkscrews and spirals. Naked hair above.

Wash: Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo
    Condish: Shescentit Avocado/Honey Rinse
    Moisture DT: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk, Crece Pelo
    Protein DT: Shescentit Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor
    Leave-Ins: Shescentit Coco Creme, Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean, Aubrey Organics Primrose Spray
    Stylers: Aubrey Organics B-5, Shea Moisture Curly Souffle

Subject to change!
    I tried GVP Conditioning Balm today, and I loved it! Very thick...I could barely squeeze it out of the bottle. But I love that, because with thin conditioners, I have to use a lot to properly condition every curl. It smelled niced and I got lots of slip. This is a winner! :toothy4:

Will definitely repurchase. :blob4:

• Heather0kayHeather0kay Posts: 667Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If your hair likes polyquats Komaza aloe is outstanding. It is very moisturizing. I would love to find a polyquat free condish that works as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file