V05 Conditioner question...

Hello fellow curlies,

Previously I was using Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner as my co-wash, but today I was at a local drugstore and I saw V05 conditioner on sale for 69 cents each. I pay a dollar for Suave, so I figured I could try V05 out, since I know many of you use it. I bought two bottles of the Strawberries and Cream scent.

I'm pretty happy with the condition of my hair, so I'm wondering if I made a mistake buying two bottles. It's not like I'll be losing a lot of money...but I don't feel like returning the two bottles and then purchasing Suave if this one doesn't work.

The first few ingredients are the same. I'm not protein-sensitive, so I wasn't having any problem with Suave Coconut.

Will my hair look any different now that I've changed my co-wash? I don't want my curls to look worse...I like them now and I want them to improve! :p
Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?

Comments

• anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi,

I started out in the summer using Suave and VO5 (the same ones you are using). I liked the Suave better. It made my hair much softer than the VO5, but the VO5 was good, too.

I guess you just have to try it to see what works better for your hair.

I feel like I've spent so much money finding products that work for me. It always ends up that I like the Suave Coconut the best.

Good luck.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,684Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I use both Suave Coconut and VO5 Strawberries & Cream and my hair comes out the same. I love them both.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • CurlyOver40!CurlyOver40! Posts: 758Registered Users
    You could always use it as shaving cream.

3a/3b

Latest routine:
    Sauve Coconut CO
    Or
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    Giovanni 50/50
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    JoicoWhip
    Newest Fav: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • barrMD130barrMD130 Posts: 38Registered Users
    I started out using Suave natural coconut but I think I'm protein sensitive so I switched to vo5 vanilla mint tea and it does the job for co-wash. I do agree that suave left my hair softer but again, it's my co-wash.
    3a, med texture, normal porosity

Co-wash: V05 Vanilla Tea Mint
    Rinse out: GF triple nutrition
    Leave in: Don't need it
    Style: LA Looks Sport Gel, HE gel ( like it but not strong enough), AG recoil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file