anyone try esencia hair care

wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I just saw this brand at wag's and am intrigued. anyone else try it?
http://www.samysalon.com/

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    I was going to buy some. The threads are all mixed. But it has an offer on it that you can send in for a refund of purchase price (rebate). I like protein but not the behentrimonium methosulfate stuff so it might work well for me.
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I tried the White Lotus conditoner. It was actually pretty good, but the fragrance, while very nice, is too strong smelling for me
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • angel29ishangel29ish Posts: 800Registered Users
    I saw this at the drug store the other day. I agree with SBB. I didn't buy it because the scent was quite strong, but I was interested in the ingredients.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, fine, low/normal porosity
    CG - July 2009
    CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
    LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
    Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
    Too many others to list!
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have the hydrating one and I do not find the smell overpowering (somewhat coconutty). For a condish without the beh meth ingredient in it - it detangles pretty good and I like the proteins in it.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Alexjoujou wrote: »
    I was going to buy some. The threads are all mixed. But it has an offer on it that you can send in for a refund of purchase price (rebate). I like protein but not the behentrimonium methosulfate stuff so it might work well for me.

what do you not like about high lighted??? is it in most products?
  • lexi1lexi1 Posts: 123Registered Users
    I brought the hydrating shampoo and conditioner. I'm a 3c(maybe even a little 3b). They were ok, nothing to complain about. I really loved the smell!! Hard to explain but I'm going to say it has an exotic scent. I washed my hair like 2 days ago and I'm still sniffing my hair.
    Alexjoujou wrote: »

what do you not like about high lighted??? is it in most products?

It was an elimination process. Some conditioners make my hair flat and seem to pull the curl out. This (BTMS) is used for its detangling and conditioning properties but on my hair it just makes it droopy. It is not a sulfate--and I've seen where it is made from canola or rapeseed oil. I don't know exactly why but every conditioner I've tried with this in it (top 10 ingredients anyway) will leave my hair so ultra soft and so flat that I end up as a barely wavy. It basically acts like cones act in my hair.

I have very thin hair that is very fine so I do not need any detangling. I need moisture but not too much.

My daughter needs this ingredient as her hair is very thick and gets tangled easily and we end up with dreads underneath at her nape.

My hair had increased volume when I stopped using conditioners with this ingredient...it was very marked and noticable:) I still use it occasionally but I can't use it for everyday unless I use a very small amount. Since it is in many conditioners I end up having to rotate them frequently. My favorite condish right now is the Curly Q Coconut Dream and it doesn't have this ingredient and my hair loves it.

I tried EO and it is like the 2/3rd ingredient and after about 3 days my hair was like a pancake!

I think goobernut has a similar issue with is (although I'm not 100% on this)
    FIA 2c/3aFi

• wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    interesting.
    Do you happen to know if suave coconut has it in their product?
    Nope. It has other emulsifiers like Centrimonium Chloride (an aluminum salt). This ingredient also helps reduce static electricity. It is generally in conditioners with higher price points (but not always). The new Renpure Organic's line has it in amongst the top ingredients and if your hair likes these that line is quite good. They do have protein in them though so if you are protein sensitive they won't work.

The conditioners that I use that have it in are the Giovanni (Root 66 Volumizing Condish, TTTT)--so I either have to use way less or use it as a cowash only and use something else to condition.

I use HSH Pumpkin, GVP Kpak, Yes to Tomatoes, Curly Q Coconut Condish more frequently as rinse out's due to this.

I just bought Yes to Cucumbers leave in to try it out as it doesn't have the BTMS in it either. I bought Tigi Moisture Maniac for my daughter as it is in the top 5 ingredients and she needs it to get her hair detangled (and she is a 3A or so and doesn't care about making better curls..she wants "ruly" hair that has softness)
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file