Omg, Aphogee.

mayfieldkmayfieldk Posts: 5Registered Users
Alright ladies. I'm a very new CG convert, and I noticed that with a double protein treatment, my flat, frizzy, STRINGY curls seemed to look better. So I ventured to Sally's, and four days later, I decided to use Aphogee's Two Step.

The smell is absolutely horrible, I won't lie to any of you! But if you can put up with it... My hair is soaking wet and the ringlets, and the curls, and the bounce and the clumps... OH MY!

I just took my hair down from plopping and I couldn't resist telling everyone--it looks GREAT.

(3b crazy hair, if anyone was wondering! :D)

Comments

• pjsmommy12pjsmommy12 Posts: 206Registered Users
    I have this and haven't used it yet. I may have to try it this weekend! Thanks for the review!
    :alien:Heather

3a, med texture, normal porosity
    poo: one 'n only shiny silver (occasionally)
    co-wash/rinse out: assorted V05 "flavors"
    leave-in/dt: gvp cb
    stylers: ecostyler, bioterra curl cream, salon care aloe vera gel
    hair loves: plopping, clipping & diffusing

i:love7:sally's

• dernhelmdernhelm Posts: 84Registered Users
    My hair loves protein! I'm going to make a trip to Sally's soon and this will be on my list. I hope they'll have it at mine.

What do I look for, Aphogee 2-step protein treatment? How does the 2-step process work?
    Thanks!
    very fine/dense/high porosity
    No heat styling

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mayfieldkmayfieldk Posts: 5Registered Users
    Yup, that's what you look for! It says 'A-PH-ogee' with the 'ph' in a round pink circle, so that might throw you off. It did it with me ;)

You put it on damp hair, then sit under a hood dryer or use a hand dryer and you don't touch it until its completely dry (and really crunchy hard). Then you wash out. Tada! :D
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    And definitely make sure you have good ventilation. That stuff made me seriously sick to my stomach, sitting in my bathroom without much airflow.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • werenumber2werenumber2 Posts: 260Registered Users
    dernhelm wrote: »
    What do I look for, Aphogee 2-step protein treatment? How does the 2-step process work?

richeau (empressri on NC) has an excellent Aphogee tutorial on youtube. Basically the steps are:

- wash hair with a sulfate shampoo (your hair needs to be as clean as possible so the protein can adhere better)

- apply the Aphogee in sections using a little squirt bottle and let dry

- cowash the Aphogee out COMPLETELY (you can use a cheapie V05 or Suave conditioner)

- deep condition with a moisturizing, protein-free (very important) conditioner

She does one additional step of using Aphogee's Balancing Moisturizer in between the cowash and the dc. I've followed suit and have liked the results, but I think this step is optional.
    comic-p.jpg

3b/c fine corkscrews and spirals. Naked hair above.

Wash: Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo
    Condish: Shescentit Avocado/Honey Rinse
    Moisture DT: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk, Crece Pelo
    Protein DT: Shescentit Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor
    Leave-Ins: Shescentit Coco Creme, Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean, Aubrey Organics Primrose Spray
    Stylers: Aubrey Organics B-5, Shea Moisture Curly Souffle

Subject to change!
  • Aklyen124Aklyen124 Posts: 22Registered Users

richeau (empressri on NC) has an excellent Aphogee tutorial on youtube. Basically the steps are:

- wash hair with a sulfate shampoo (your hair needs to be as clean as possible so the protein can adhere better)

- cowash the Aphogee out COMPLETELY (you can use a cheapie V05 or Suave conditioner)

She does one additional step of using Aphogee's Balancing Moisturizer in between the cowash and the dc. I've followed suit and have liked the results, but I think this step is optional.

Great advice. I might try that some time but I don;t use the 2 step. I like the 2 minute reconstructer and the the green tea and keratin spray should I feel like using heat.
    Revenge is a dish best served with a splash of irony.:afro:
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users

thank you darling! i got the aphogee balancing on a whim and had used it ever since as it made my hair sooo silky after the treatment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUHFvsGk30w&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wqCn6WJd8w&feature=channel_page
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • cammiecamcammiecam Posts: 122Registered Users

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file