What was your hair routine before going CG?

I got this idea from "What were your favorite products before going CG?" :toothy4:

So, what was your routine before discovering the CG method?

I washed my hair with TRESemme Moisturizing Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair (with sulfates) and used Suave Coconut conditioner as my main conditioner. After reading "Curly Girl", I switched to Trader Joe's Refresh shampoo but that's all that changed in my routine.

Then I'd wrap my hair in a terrycloth towel (horrible, I know) while I got dressed. After taking off the towel, I'd put TRESemme Tres Two mousse into my hair, style it into my lousy version of the half-up half-down hairstyle (every day) and spray it thoroughly with TRESemme Tres Extra Hold hairspray. Occasionally I would add some TRESemme Bouncy Curls Gel (with silicones).

Then I joined NC, and I was convinced! Everyone's hair was gorgeous (and still is). And I've been CG ever since.

What was your hair routine before going CG?
Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?

Comments

• dernhelmdernhelm Posts: 84Registered Users
    I washed every single day with a cone and sulphate laden poo, whichever one I had on hand. Then I used a coney conditioner. After my shower I put in either frizz-ease serum or infusium-23 followed by a gel. I do not lie, that was my routine.

On a good note, I never ever brushed my hair (I still have the same wide toothed comb that I used ten years ago) or used a towel to dry and I usually allowed my hair to air-dry or I diffused and I did not touch my hair until it was dry. I had been doing all of those things for years and years. So I had this whole curly girl thing about half right, sort of.
    very fine/dense/high porosity
    No heat styling

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mixedcurlsmixedcurls Posts: 15Registered Users
    I washed every other day and conditioned every day with shampoo and conditioner from bumble & bumble, throw it in a towel turban (only for a few minutes, and I still do it occasionally) and put in either curl conscious or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Mixed-Chicks-Leave-in-Conditioner-p-279.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=mixed-chicks-leavein-conditioner]mixed chicks leave-in[/buylink]. I air-dried, although I did fuss with it sometimes, and I hardly ever combed it while curly. Brushes have never touched my hair.
    CO wash - suave waterfall mist or b&b seaweed conditioner

Styling: LA looks curl gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file