President Obama goes to Denmark to plug Chicago

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
What do you think about this trip? I think Michelle could have gone. It just gives all the gripers something more to gripe about and I hate that.
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    They're going to gripe, no matter what. He's spending less than 24 hours on this trip, and he's really got to do it himself, because he's from Chicago. Tribute must be paid to one's hometown.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wondered why he didn't send Hilary.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    They're going to gripe, no matter what. He's spending less than 24 hours on this trip, and he's really got to do it himself, because he's from Chicago. Tribute must be paid to one's hometown.

But Michelle is the Chicago native. You are right on the griping part though....if he didn't go someone would say he should have. Actually Mitt Romney even said he should go which surprised me. But then others said if it was another town - would he have gone? Just being a devils advocate here.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I didn't realize all the other nations send their leaders. Then it seems appropriate!
    Minneapolis, MN
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Poodlehead wrote: »
    I didn't realize all the other nations send their leaders. Then it seems appropriate!

I did not know that either.
    Central Massachusetts

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    At first I thought he was overextending himself, trying to do too much, but from what I have read, it will really help their chances. article. I guess I would have thought Michelle would have been enough, but perhaps not?
    Minneapolis, MN
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    xcptnl wrote: »

But Michelle is the Chicago native. You are right on the griping part though....if he didn't go someone would say he should have. Actually Mitt Romney even said he should go which surprised me. But then others said if it was another town - would he have gone? Just being a devils advocate here.

Michelle isn't president. And other leaders state their cases personally for their own countries, so I think it's perfectly appropriate for Obama to do this. It's good for our country's economy to host major world sporting events, and lord knows we need all the economic help we can get as we continue to shovel out the manure from the national stables left by Bushy McStupid.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    If he didn't go, and we didn't get them, there would be griping.

If he goes, and we didn't get chosen, there would be griping.

If he goes, and we get chosen, there would be griping.

If he didn't go, and we were chosen, people would gripe that we really don't need the Olympics. In fact, Michael Steele already has said that jobs in 7 years don't matter - that the focus should be on jobs now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file