What's your favorite leave-in conditioner

NORE1228NORE1228 Posts: 42Registered Users
Hi everyone! So I have been trying to find the right leave-in conditioner... this has been bothering me since I went completely natural one and half years ago. So far I have tried Motions leave-in conditioner and Aussi's leave-in conditioners as well; but I find myself either using a lot of the product or not getting the results that I hear about on the forums. I am dying to try Fantasia IC gel but I want to find the best leave-in conditioner possible. My hair ranges from 3c-4b but it is mostly 4a and very thick and dry. My questions is what do you guys believe is the best leave-in conditioner and/or what would you recommend I use.

Comments

• bubbles76bubbles76 Posts: 288Registered Users
    I like Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream Instant Detangler. I've tried others that were okay, but I keep coming back to this. Cosistently good results. My hair is 4a and thick too. I really think that the key is also finding a good rinse out conditioner too.
    Last Relaxer August 15, 2004
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png
  • curlycovrgirlcurlycovrgirl Posts: 153Registered Users
    I suggest Elucence as a leave in. It is my all-time favorite. And a little goes a long way.

Other good ones are Paul Mitchell the conditioner and Aveda elixir, but Elucence is the best IMO.

Bubbles, I'd like to try that Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream Instant Detangler. Can you guy it at beauty brands or do i have to get it online?
    3c/4a - Relaxer Free since Feburary 2004 and Obsessed with my hair.

I have pictures now! password: curlygirl
  • susususu Posts: 767Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just tried Giovanni Direct Leave-in for the 1st time today, and was very impressed! My curls look extra springy/bouncy, and feel very soft. Plus (this could just be my imagination) my hair even seems to have a little bit of hold. I'm going to keep experimenting with it, and will report back.
  • NORE1228NORE1228 Posts: 42Registered Users
    Thanx bubbles76, curlycovergirl, and susu! I will definitely experiment and see which one is for right for me.

bubbles76
    I really think that the key is also finding a good rinse out conditioner too.

What is a rinse out conditioner and which rinse out conditioner do you believe is good? I must not be familiar with that term.

Susu, the giovanni leave in sounds great. yes please let me know how your experimenting finds out.
  • bubbles76bubbles76 Posts: 288Registered Users
    NORE1228 wrote:
    Thanx bubbles76, curlycovergirl, and susu! I will definitely experiment and see which one is for right for me.

bubbles76
    I really think that the key is also finding a good rinse out conditioner too.

What is a rinse out conditioner and which rinse out conditioner do you believe is good? I must not be familiar with that term.

Susu, the giovanni leave in sounds great. yes please let me know how your experimenting finds out.

I believe you have to buy Qhemet online. They may sell in some salons, but I think the majority of folks have to get it online. You can get it here or at her website www.qhemetbiologics.com.

Also, a rinse out conditioner is just what it sounds like - you rinse it out instead of leaving it in. I use Nature's Gate, but I've also had success with Elucence. I also like Elucence as a leave in (it can also be rinsed out), but I think I used too much the last time I left it in. My hair was a little dry by the 4th day.
    Last Relaxer August 15, 2004
    Big Chop April 23, 2006
    event.png
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    bubbles76 wrote:
    I like Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream Instant Detangler. I've tried others that were okay, but I keep coming back to this. Cosistently good results. My hair is 4a and thick too. I really think that the key is also finding a good rinse out conditioner too.

Bubbles, what does the Qhemet Olive Cream smell like, and is it a strong fragrance? I have asthma that's fragrance-sensitive (had to swap my Miss Jessies CP because the fragance made me wheeze and sneeze).
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CheleighCheleigh Posts: 552Registered Users
    The two I use are Giovanni Direct or Tate's Miracle conditioner. My tried and true is the Giovanni.

IIRC, the Qhemet detangler has very little scent, so it should be fine for fragrance sensititve folks. It's also a very good product.
    Natural pics: http://picturetrail.com/shelacious
    pw: kinky
    Hair type: Spongy & kinky texture. Coily & curly strands.
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • NORE1228NORE1228 Posts: 42Registered Users
    Thank you guys again for responding...Bubbles76 is your rinse out conditioner different from your co wash? and if so how often do you use your rinse out conditioner?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file