CurlTalk

Trouser Socks

ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued

Comments

• TheSunshineStateTheSunshineState Posts: 152Registered Users
    Please excuse my ignorance, but what's a trouser sock?
    And from a mis-informed person, I don;t think socks of any kind should ever be worn with heels (except boots).
  • OperaCurlsOperaCurls Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    Bright purple argyle socks with low heels!!! :laughing4: Oh wait, that's just me...

Sorry, I can't help on this one. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to what color/type of socks should go with certain shoes. Hopefully more people will chime in.

Maybe some knee-high black or nude hose?
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fopera-curls%2F" class="Popup (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
  • OperaCurlsOperaCurls Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    And from a mis-informed person, I don;t think socks of any kind should ever be worn with heels

Sounds clammy and stinky :scratch:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fopera-curls%2F" class="Popup (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
  • Wild Curls Raquelle Wild Curls Raquelle Posts: 793Registered Users
    trouser socks tend to be much thinner than regular sock usually the thickness of tights. They are very comfortable and offer you a form of protection in my opinion. It's thick enough so you don't get corns/ calluses and all that nasty stuff on your feet.
    confused curls
    addicted to henna

Fotki
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I would wear them with a flat, but not with a heel. And it would depend on the color - I would wear a textured black trouser sock with a black ballet flat, but I wouldn't wear a trouser sock with my red patent ballet flats.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Dressier shoes/pumps when nylons won't do. Loafers, business casual flats.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Because they are so thin and don't distort the fit of my shoes like regular socks do, I wear trouser socks in winter as regular socks under all my casual shoes and boots, even sneakers. I <3 trouser socks.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I wear them with loafer type flats and even a more casual heeled loafer type shoe (I hope that makes sense). I get black, dark blue and brown trouser socks-some are patterned. I really like them a lot but I do wear dress slacks most time when I do have to 'dress' up for work.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users

Shampoo - GTTTT
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose

xcptnl wrote: »
    I wear them with loafer type flats and even a more casual heeled loafer type shoe (I hope that makes sense). I get black, dark blue and brown trouser socks-some are patterned. I really like them a lot but I do wear dress slacks most time when I do have to 'dress' up for work.

That is helpful, thanks. :) I like wearing trousers... even though I am in college and my job is not a business setting. But I know for interviews I'll need something nice.
    OperaCurls wrote: »
    Bright purple argyle socks with low heels!!! :laughing4: Oh wait, that's just me...

Sorry, I can't help on this one. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to what color/type of socks should go with certain shoes. Hopefully more people will chime in.

Maybe some knee-high black or nude hose?

Sounds cute. :D

Shampoo - GTTTT

• Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    In cooler weather I wear them with heels at work. They don't look any different from stockings or tights, but obviously they're a LOT more comfortable. I have a few pairs that are colored or patterned... it adds a nice little splash to an outfit.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Posts: 2,648Registered Users
    Any of the shoes in the op can be worn with trouser socks.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    I only wear trouser socks with boots and pantyhose socks with pumps and other shoes where the skin shows. If I had maryjanes I think I would wear trouser socks with those. I don't think they look nice with regular pumps though.
  • CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Posts: 2,648Registered Users
    I'm wearing trouser socks with pumps right now, and they look fine. They are the plain kind, that look like tights. Patterned/cabled trouser socks aren't the best with pumps though.
    So, from what I understand they are thicker than panty hose but thinner than regular socks usually?

I've seen a lot of plaid ones. Should they match your shoe color? Your top?

Shampoo - GTTTT

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    They're the thickness of tights. I only ever buy trouser socks in black or dark navy. I'm not the type to try to make a statement with my socks.
    I'm not the type to try to make a statement with my socks.

:laughing2: I don't know why, but this statement amuses me!
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I match them to the shoe and the slack. Typically. So, if I bought a black plaid trouser sock I would wear with them black/grey slacks and a black shoe. Not sure if that makes any sense. I used to buy patterned ones a lot. Now I buy the ones where the pattern is in the sock if you know what I mean. There might be a stripe or a design but it is part of the sock.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • TheSunshineStateTheSunshineState Posts: 152Registered Users
    I always thought that letting people see your socks is a big no no. If my shoes show a lot of my foot then I don't wear a socks with them. Just think it's one of those old man looks, like when they sit down and pull the knee material up and you see a bunch of sock.
    I always thought that letting people see your socks is a big no no. If my shoes show a lot of my foot then I don't wear a socks with them. Just think it's one of those old man looks, like when they sit down and pull the knee material up and you see a bunch of sock.

LOL I kind of feel this way too.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I think the key with trouser socks is to treat them like tights. If it's a shoe that would look right with tights if you were wearing a dress/skirt, then go with trouser socks if you're wearing pants. I don't think of them like regular socks.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    PixieCurl wrote: »
    I think the key with trouser socks is to treat them like tights. If it's a shoe that would look right with tights if you were wearing a dress/skirt, then go with trouser socks if you're wearing pants. I don't think of them like regular socks.

Yep, agreed!
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls