White vinegar?

I just found a big jug of white vinegar I forgot I had and it made me wonder if I can use that as a rinse, or does it have to be the apple cider?
Trying to go CG, but have a long way to go.
Thick, kinky and overly porous:crybaby:
Thanks to NC i have discovered my hair needs and loves protein treatments

Comments

• anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    I only use the ACV, but I remember as a little girl my mother used to make us rinse our hair with white vinegar. It used to really make our hair feel shiny and clean.

I'm not sure what the difference is. I'll have to look it up. :?:
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,784 Curl Connoisseur
    I've used both and there is no difference. I accidentally used red cooking wine vinegar--the results were the same.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I've read several threads on different boards in which people commented that using ACV or white vinegar worked for them. Blondes commented that ACV sometimes stained their hair temporarily, so they tended to opt for regular white vinegar and got the same results as with ACV minus the discoloration.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    Yep, as already stated some people prefer certain colors and scents, but they all work the same.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file