Fishtail Braidout

ebzonixebzonix Registered Users Posts: 411
I wonder if any of you ladies have ever tried the fishtail braids before? If so, how were the results after taking the braids out? I think I might try it tonight to see how it turns out.

Anyone try it before?:blob2:

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/EBONIE%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/EBONIE%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]fishtail.jpg
Goals:
CBL Stretched: Reached! July '09
Full SL stretched: Reached, then trimmed off. Dec '09
Even, full NL unstretched

Comments

• CerendipityCerendipity Registered Users Posts: 5,091 Curl Novice
    pleaseeeeee let me know how it works out ,and if its HOT post picturessssss pretty please!!!
  • ebzonixebzonix Registered Users Posts: 411
    Of course, I'm actually in the process of doing it now. Just a note already, it does take a bit of time but I just believe that's because I'm very new to it. It's the first time I've ever tried to braid my hair in this way. But I'll give y'all more information tomorrow. :D

Stay tuned!
    Goals:
  • VainityVainity Registered Users Posts: 110
    Can't wait!
    Last Relaxer: May 8, 2008
    BC: May 27, 2009
    My Picasa Album
  • Sandy CoilsSandy Coils Registered Users Posts: 662
    What is a "fishtial braid? Does anyone have pics?
    My Fotki

My Blog - A Day in the Life

Products:
    EVOO
    HEHH
    TresEmme Curl Moisture Conditioner
    Aloe Vera Gel
    Let's Jam

Hair Type: Kinky Coily

[SIGPIC]Me[/SIGPIC]
  • CerendipityCerendipity Registered Users Posts: 5,091 Curl Novice
    This isnt the greatest but heres a look at how it sorta looks http://www.wikihow.com/Fishtail-Braid
  • PrettycurlsPrettycurls Registered Users Posts: 1,482
    This looks pretty, but so complicated. :sunny:
    Have:
    4a Tailbone

http://members.fotki.com/Prettycurls/about/ pw:curlspretty

• Sandy CoilsSandy Coils Registered Users Posts: 662
    Ok, I don't think I would ever be able to do that but it is very pretty. Dang!
    My Fotki

My Blog - A Day in the Life

Products:
    EVOO
    HEHH
    TresEmme Curl Moisture Conditioner
    Aloe Vera Gel
    Let's Jam

Hair Type: Kinky Coily

[SIGPIC]Me[/SIGPIC]
  • ebzonixebzonix Registered Users Posts: 411
    Okay ladies so here's the reaction. The braiding wasn't too hard, after you've gotten used to it, it's really not that bad. That only problem is that it takes AWHILE to do and take down. Because of the weaving of the braid, you have to use smaller sections in order get the after.

I'm not sure if it was the products I used. Shea/Cocoa butter mix and Jane Carter wrap n roll together, or the braids themselves but I'm definitely going to just try it with the cocoa/shea mix next time. My reason? I was having some trouble getting the hang of the braiding but when I was undoing it, it was so soft and curly I fell in love immediately. So I want to give it a few more trial and error before tossing it to the side.

Results, I don't have pictures but it was a very frizzy mess. It seperates nicely, but it's definitey not a definied smooth result. That's why I'm going to try it a different way. I might even use bigger sizes. I had 12 braids in total, I might just do 5 instead. 1 in back and 2 on each side.

HTH
    Goals:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file