Fine haired Curlies and receding Hairline at the temples

hipchickhipchick Registered Users Posts: 350
Does anyone else here have this problem? I am not sure if it is part of being fine haired or if it is my thyroid not functioning properly or maybe due to being in my mid-forties.

How do you wear your hair to conceal it? I like to wear a side part but I have to be careful to make sure it is covered especially if the wind blows on it.

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I have fine/thin hair but mine is visibly thin at the top of my forehead. So I do not have any help for you other than to commiserate.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • GreencurlsGreencurls Registered Users Posts: 81 Curl Connoisseur
    My hairline is receding kinda at the corners of the top of my head, like what happens to some men. I figure it's age-related. I hope to find something that helps, like maybe taking MSM Sulfur.
  • IamDonnaIamDonna Registered Users Posts: 546 Curl Neophyte
    I seem to have had thinner hair above the temples one side worse than the other my entire life. When I wear a pony or half up I have to position the hair to cover it.
    I HATE it!

I am not a fine haired curly. I have a sh*tload of med course hair except for there.
    I was wondering if any of those grow oils or other stuff out there would make it grow thicker there???

Anyone try em?
    :love1:3a Long (waist) thick med course dry thirsty
    Poo: Eulence moisture
    Co-wash: GVP CB
    Condish: GVP CB
    LI: KBB nectar
    Styler: CK CIAB
    Gel: BRHG
    DT: Curl Junkie
    Diffuse 70% dry
    http://public.fotki.com/IamDonna/

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/p/a/70_149/75_144/DSCN0395-vi573.jpg
    NEW PICS
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    Greencurls wrote: »
    My hairline is receding kinda at the corners of the top of my head, like what happens to some men.
    I have this happening. I was thinking it was due to my wearing half-ups for, like, everrrr when I was growing it out. I've also thought it could be due to the way I comb and style my hair most of the time when it's wet (I comb the top and sides straight back and then scrunch).

I also have thyroid to contend with. Over the summer I started taking my Synthroid at night (instead of in the morning with my calcium -- yeah, I think I was the only one who didn't know that after a couple of decades of taking both together), and I added a B Complex vitamin over the summer too. I'm hoping to see improvements in my hair due to those changes in the next month or so (it will be about 90 days since making the changes).
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,730 Curl Virtuoso
    IamDonna wrote: »
    I seem to have had thinner hair above the temples one side worse than the other my entire life.
    I am not a fine haired curly. I have a sh*tload of med course hair except for there.

ditto that. My hair also stopped growing all together a couple years ago. I started taking biotin and also starting taking my synthroid correctly (in the morning an hour before eating and 2 hours before taking any of my other vitamins, etc). My hair has started growing again and stopped falling out so much. The thin temple areas are still thin but not any worse. I wear my hair down most of the time so they don't show and I just kind of smoosh my hair around so it covers them when I pull my hair back.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file