hair positivity

afrikurlafrikurl Registered Users Posts: 736
Tthere is a gospel song that says "all of my good days out wiegh my bad days.... so I won't complain." I don't go to church and can't even remember who sings the song or the title but for some reason today, it popped into my head when I was feeling crappy about my self-done senegalese twists that need retwisting.

I thought about it. My hair is healthier and longer than it's ever been. My afro looks and feels insanely awesome most of the time. And for the first time ever people envy my hair instead of it being the other way around.

So I won't complain about a little frizz, I'll re do those twists next week when I have time. Share some things that are positive about your hair.

Comments

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    afrikurl wrote: »
    Share some things that are positive about your hair.

you're funny....

1) i HAVE hair!!!!! (i was at m.d. anderson cancer center yesterday visiting someone so i was already thinking about how grateful i am just to have my own hair)
    2) it's thick
    3) it's healthy
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Registered Users Posts: 1,014
    I'm retaining length :D
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • kalanekalane Registered Users Posts: 424
    I'm really loving how thick my hair is. There have been times when I hated its thickness but right now, I love it!
    fotki twitter blog

event.png

In short, the characteristics of the powerful, whatever they may be, are thought to be better than the characteristics of the powerless – and logic has nothing to do with it.
    -- Gloria Steinem

• Booker Ts MamaBooker Ts Mama Registered Users Posts: 670
    That I must be doing something right with my hair because people are actually asking me questions about my hair. That is the best ego boost especially when I'm having my own hair issues. :thumbup:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file