Happy Dance!

xtremelyperfectxtremelyperfect Posts: 177Registered Users
Ok, most people will think it's lame that I started a post for this but I had to share with someone! My hair has grown so much in the last 2 weeks! It's crazy. I was just messing around and pulled down my "bangs" to see if they were any longer than last time I checked and they are! Holy moly! :eek: SO excited! Is anyone else's hair growing like crazy lately?! Again, sorry if anyone thinks this is unnecessary but I wanted to share teehee. My hair never retained length past shoulder length when I was relaxed so to see this is great! Also I made a moisturizing spritz today with pomegranate white tea and some oils and what not. I'll let you guys know if it works well.

IMG_2542.jpgIMG_2820.jpg
life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
Message me for my Tumblr.
Follow me on Twitter: @xtremelyperfect
My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif

Comments

• Nicky791Nicky791 Posts: 679Registered Users
    Congrads! That is a huge accomplishment! What are you using on your hair? Are you taking any supplements/vitamins?
    Last Relaxer: March 26 2009
    Mini Chop: January 16 2010
    BC: April 4 2010
    Transitioned for 1yr 9days!
    Fotki: http://members.fotki.com/Nicky791/about/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Nicky791
  • PrettycurlsPrettycurls Posts: 1,482Registered Users
    That is impressive. It looks like 1/4 to almost 1/2 in 2 weeks. Whatever you are doing- keep it up! :blob2:
    Have:
    4a Tailbone

http://members.fotki.com/Prettycurls/about/ pw:curlspretty

• OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    Wow!! Congrats!!
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
    BC: July 21, 2008
    Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein
  • xtremelyperfectxtremelyperfect Posts: 177Registered Users
    I'm not doing anything special I think. I co-wash daily, deep condition once a week and use a leave-in everyday. I also use coconut oil and shea butter for moisture. I'm not taking any vitamins or supplements but I have been training for a 10k for 10 weeks and so have been exercising a lot more(and have lost 10 lbs :thumbleft:) I think I'm going to try going Curly Girl after I finish my current products. Anyone with 4a/4b hair currently doing the CG method and if so how do you like it?
    My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif
  • joycurljoycurl Posts: 162Registered Users
    Congrats!!!!
    Type: 4ab
    Co-Wash: Elucence MB Conditioner, ACV Rinse
    Sealant: Coconut/Castor/Olive Oil Mixture
    Style: My Own Butter Mix
    Deep Cond: CJ Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment, Henna, Olive Oil & Honey
    Current Faves: Coconut/Castor/Olive Oil Mixture, Henna, Curl Junkie Products
    My Fotki
    event.png
  • hopcurlhopcurl Posts: 18Registered Users
    Congrats! Your hair looks beautiful
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congrats on the quick growth! You're adorable! :flower:
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
    You've just inspired me to start working out again.... hehehe.

When I originally started in Oct '08 I ended up losing 38lbs and my hair grew about 4inches! Then I relaxed it again in March and then stopped working out all together in June :sad5:, i've been feeling super unhealthy lately so I actually started my workout routine last night! Hopefully this'll aid in my hair growth!

Good luck on your 10k!
    hooray! i encourage everyone to get healthy and exercise more even if you can only do a little. i had my weigh in wednesday on my blog yesterday and i hit the 180s for the first time in like 2 years! :wav:

only like 40ish more lbs to go! :happy3:
    My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Posts: 1,014Registered Users
    You look so pretty! Great growth! It's wonderful that you're taking control of your health! Good luck with everything and keep it up!
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    Awesome! Congratulations.
    Hey guys! I was featured on a really great natural blog called Newly Natural and it's about just that, me being a new natural! Go check it out! It's so exciting, hehe. :blob3:
    My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    hooray! i encourage everyone to get healthy and exercise more even if you can only do a little. i had my weigh in wednesday on my blog yesterday and i hit the 180s for the first time in like 2 years! :wav:

Congrats on the growth and the weight loss! I've been losing slowly but surely since July and am not down to your range yet, but I'm getting there. You and your hair are too cute! :thumbleft:

CONGRATS!
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Congrats on your weight loss!!!

As long as you stay motivated and positive that 40lbs will melt off before you even realize!

I need to lose another 20lbs myself... hehe
  • brinabeebrinabee Posts: 105Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow right on! :blob3:

Huge congrats on the growth and the weight loss! Keep it up! You rock!
    Mix of all 2's and a bit of 3a in the back under waves :tongue10:
    Gone CG Since Sept/28/09
    ModCG Since June/2011
    Hey everyone! I didn't want to start a new thread, I just wanted to tell you that I ran my first 10k ever today! The 33rd running of the Tufts 10k For Women's Health was today in Boston. It was great and I did it with my roomie and I finished in 1 hr 17 mins and 47 secs! I think I might even train for a half marathon next. :thumright:
    My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Posts: 1,014Registered Users
    Hey everyone! I didn't want to start a new thread, I just wanted to tell you that I ran my first 10k ever today! The 33rd running of the Tufts 10k For Women's Health was today in Boston. It was great and I did it with my roomie and I finished in 1 hr 17 mins and 47 secs! I think I might even train for a half marathon next. :thumright:

You go girl! You're inspirational! You lead me to the gym last week and I've started up again (very slowly, but I'm starting) I'd LOVE to run a 10k, but I've got to start at 5k first. I'm really happy for you and you'll definitely be at the weight you want in no time!!!
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
    so remember the first pic i posted.. i did a check yesterday and:

comic-s.jpg

and comic-s.jpg

those are from around September 22 til now. w00t! I dusted though last night because I haven't trimmed since my bc. But hooray for growth! :laughing6:
    My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif
  • RupertsWifeRupertsWife Posts: 492Registered Users
    Wow your growth is fantastic.
    Congratulations on completint your first 10k and losing weight.

You are so cute!!!

3b/c mix; mixture of fine, med. and coarse texture with med-high porosity

Current HG routine: Tresemme Naturals conditioner; AG Fast Food LI; AG Recoil; CJ CIAB = no crunch, lots of body and awesome definition :thumbup:

:rolleyes: Dutchess Daydreamer of the Desert Sands in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    :rolleyes:

http://public.fotki.com/crazycurlz21/
    password:rupert
  • runnerchickirunnerchicki Posts: 475Registered Users

Awesomeness! Pretty obvious by my username that I'm a running fan. Half-marathons are my favorite distance. Congrats on the 10k!

And your hair is amazing! I thought my hair grew fast, but I'm so impressed with the amount of length you've gain in such a short time...wow! You look fabulous!
    FIA: 2cFii

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    I'm back. It's been a while since I posted about my growth but I'm still going strong. I recently did my first henna treatment. Before that I did my first protein treatment ever which was great. So much less shedding. I'm also trying to be more on top of the whole taking my vitamins/Biotin thing. Anyway here's a picture of twists I did on my hair last night:

IMG00313-vi.jpg?1264931439

and these are twists I did back around November 24th of last year:

IMG_3424-vi.jpg

So pretty much everything's going great! I am trying to stick to a protective style routine. While I was in Haiti for vacation in December I got used to wash and gos and came home thinking I could do the same. Not so much in 9 degree MA weather! :cwm10: So back to twists for 4 days, twist out for 2 days and wash day on the 7th. Hope everyone's experiencing happy growing!
    My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    your growth is amazing.. suppose I'm gonna have to pull out trainers and get back on the treadmill. I love it once I'm there I just have to get there. hahaha.

glad to see you're going so well :D
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • ComplexCurlsComplexCurls Posts: 10Registered Users
    Your hair is growing really fast and you seem happy with everything in your life right now. I'm convinced exercise is the answer to so many woes, so keep it up! you're doing a great job!
    Hey guys! I was bored tonight and did a length check for my bangs! Last time I posted a bangs picture was November I believe... anywhoo here's the new pic:

comic-s.jpg

Does a dance! :toothy7:

I actually think I'm gonna twist my hair up for the next month so no checks for a while but hooray for growth! Oh and I forgot! Today is my 7 month nappiversary! I've been a natural a whole 7 months now! Crazy how fast it goes by!
    My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    That's amazing :D *joins in dancing for you*
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
    So I just wanted to update you and say just about a month shy of my 1 yr nappiversary and I'm now at shoulder length! :afro:

IMG_1019-vi.jpg

IMG_1295-vi.jpg

Back to doing my happy dance! Now to APL!!! lol. Gotta have goals right? ;)
    My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif
  • belwillcoilybelwillcoily Posts: 303Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So I just wanted to update you and say just about a month shy of my 1 yr nappiversary and I'm now at shoulder length! :afro:

IMG_1019-vi.jpg

IMG_1295-vi.jpg

Back to doing my happy dance! Now to APL!!! lol. Gotta have goals right? ;)

Not to be funny or burst your bubble, but that looks like collarbone length to me. :dontknow:

But your hair is definitely steadily growing and looks healthy and strong. It will be at shoulder length before you know it for sure. Not to take away from your happy dance because hair that grows and retains length is something to do a happy dance over.;-)

Holla!
    Bel
    :afro: Me Fascina El Pelo :afro:

Low Porosity; Medium Strands; Dense

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file