dry top

medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
The hair at the very top of my head is dry and straight. It's not always been straight so I'm wondering if I've damaged it? Maybe buildup?

If I condition it the conditioner just lays on top of the hair and makes it look greasy. If I don't condition it's even straighter. It looks nasty and producty.
I had been using a gel with protein in it, if I had buildup from that will it eventually come off or do I need a sulfate shampoo for that?

I've been using lime and kiwi to CW and sometimes the Suave coconut. I use it to conditon too but I did try tooshea on it also as a DT.

Anyone have a similar exerpience or have a suggestion?

TIA everyone!
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.
http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!

Comments

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    That doesn't sound like protein buildup, but even if it is, you shouldn't need to poo with sulfates unless you used cones. I would try scrubbing extra hard with your co-wash or do an ACV rinse before you condition. Or you could look into getting a sulfate free shampoo.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    I have both Jessicurl cleansers and a no sulfate J/a/s/o/n Shampoo.

Well if it's not buildup then I'll try a new tact. I might as well go with that. I haven't done an acv rinse in a week, I can try that.
    It's like just a little bit of my hair is still screaming about something or other. Most of my hair is happy as a clam, especialy if I don't cleans and just water rinse for a while.

Go figure! lol Thanks for the suggestion I'll certainly try that
    2c/3a?

• medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    Just in case this helps someone else......
    It seems to be something I'm putting in my hair on top? I'm guessing my gel from what happened today.
    I think I get it in well by scrunching it in but today I had stringy hair and I could tell it was my gel. I ended up being outside enough for the humidity to soften up the gel and the rest of the day my hair was fine.
    Whew I have got to distribute that better that was nasty!

I'll be glad when the top of my hair grows out a bit and it's easier to squish in products without overdoing it. Ah well live and learn!
    2c/3a?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file