We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

How do you guys prevent your hair from tangling?

mergemerge Posts: 100Registered Users
My hair is fine
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deeplyenrichedoils.com" class="Popup

"Show me Some Love Check Out My Website"
"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."

Hair Type: 4a
Products: Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Jamaican Black Castor Oil ,Grape seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and may more.

Comments

• ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    when is it tangling? what products are you using? how do you wear your hair?

need more information...
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • mergemerge Posts: 100Registered Users
    I want to know how you guys prevent tangles.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deeplyenrichedoils.com" class="Popup

"Show me Some Love Check Out My Website"
    "Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens."

Products: Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Jamaican Black Castor Oil ,Grape seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, Tea Tree Oil, and may more.
    well, no matter what, i still have some tangles. keeping hair well moisturized helps with tangles.
    oh...wearing buns could also help with tangles...just depends on your hair. for example, twists cause tangles for me whereas twists for other people keep tangles away for others.
  • caramelsensationcaramelsensation Posts: 61Registered Users
    i prevent tangling by braiding my hair every night then i cover with a satin bonnet before i sleep...its easier to comb when i unbraid it in the morning.
    event.png
    Poo: Creme Of Nature
    Co-Wash: Tigi Mositure Maniac, Elucence MBC, L'Occitane Aromachologie Conditioner
    Leave in: Kinky Curly Knot, Yes To Cucumber,
    Elucence MBC, Qhemets Heavy Cream And Hydrating Balm
    Oils: Almond Oil
    Deep Treatment: Ouidad Moisture Treatment,
    Fekkai Protein Rx Treatment
    Styler: KCCC, Komaza Pudding, Qhemets Honey Bush Gel
  • EkaetteEkaette Posts: 356Registered Users
    Windflower wrote: »
    when is it tangling? what products are you using? how do you wear your hair?

need more information...

Ditto
    Is it tangling while washing? While styling? What products do you use?
    event.png

4b natural
  • luvmycoilsluvmycoils Posts: 54Registered Users
    Windflower wrote: »
    well, no matter what, i still have some tangles. keeping hair well moisturized helps with tangles.
    IA. I also have experienced more tangles with wearing twists as a style. I think, because I shed heavily, shed hair gets trapped in the twists and leads to my tangles. Just my little theory.

OP, now that my hair is long enough, I find that putting my hair in 3-5 large braids at night helps a lot.
    4a coily with a bit of 3c near the front.
    Shampoo: Blended Beauty Soy Cream, Deva Low Poo
    Conditioner: varies, especially if not doing a leave-in/styler
    Leave in: Jessicurl Aloeba Daily
    Styler: KCCC + Gloss Pomade
  • stargalshastargalsha Banned Posts: 70Banned Users
    After getting the biosoftening treatment, my hair stays tangle free for 2 months.
    CURLY HAIR ROCKS!!!:headbang:

This is one of my favorite qoutes of all time: "I'm trying to see things from your point of view but I just can't get my head that far up my ass."
    Unknown :laughing8:
  • CityGirl81CityGirl81 Posts: 418Registered Users
    stargalsha wrote: »
    After getting the biosoftening treatment, my hair stays tangle free for 2 months.

**spits water out at the computer screen**

lol

This is one of my favorite qoutes of all time: "I'm trying to see things from your point of view but I just can't get my head that far up my ass."
  • totallytwisted<3totallytwisted<3 Posts: 228Registered Users
    I'm glad I read this thread, because now that my hair is getting longer washing and going for a week is giving me crazy tangles. I just had a hair spa day and detangling was the worst it's been yet even with plenty of conditioner. I did large twists in my hair like 7 of them with HEHH and SheaMoisture Leave In. Hopefully if I do this every night my hair won't get so tangled anymore.
    Last Relaxer December 4, 2008
    BC Date March 13, 2009

Ultimate hair goal: APL braidout / WL straight

event.png

Current Loves are henna & hair steaming

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2Fbacktobasics%2Fabout" class="Popup UPDATED!!! 8/07/10
  • LuckyMeCandyLuckyMeCandy Posts: 35Registered Users

lol

:sign5:

I don't even know what biosoft is but your reaction just tickled me to death!!!!
    lol

• CoilsKinksCurlsCoilsKinksCurls Posts: 418Registered Users
    There she goes again ladies!! :banghead:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check Out my YouTube Channel:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCoilsKinksCurls" class="Popup

It's not bad being a product junkie, when it benefits someone else!
    Don't like it, just keep walkin!!
    :walk:

After I got the biosoftening treatment my leprosy went away and my blindness was healed
    Just saying
    event.png

4b natural
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users
    So what is this biosoftening treatment? Is it a chemical? What does it do besides heal the blind ;) ?
    comic-p.jpg
  • Sandy CoilsSandy Coils Posts: 662Registered Users
    LMAO :laughing9: :laughing8: I can not believe this...

Ok, back to the regularly scheduled program..........

I don't do any special to keep my hair from tangling. I am one of the luck ones. Now I am entering the BAA stage so I don't have a massive amount of hair, but I have a good amount. Now, when i get to SL or APL unstretched, I'm sure that will change. I will most likely put my hair in two braids/plaits at night to keep the tangles down.

Now, could the amount of product in/on your hair account for something? I mostly use Activator gel on my hair and I was thinking that because my hair was moist and/or slippery maybe it didn't tangle as much. :dontknow: Believe me, I will be coming back to this thread for advice though. I'm sure that I am just a little slow to the starting gate. LOL
    My Fotki

My Blog - A Day in the Life

Products:
    EVOO
    HEHH
    TresEmme Curl Moisture Conditioner
    Aloe Vera Gel
    Let's Jam

Hair Type: Kinky Coily

[SIGPIC]Me[/SIGPIC]
    So what is this biosoftening treatment? Is it a chemical? What does it do besides heal the blind ;) ?

The biosoftener is, and I quote
    Biosoftener is a product created by a genius from Greece named Christo. This product can stretch and soften curls to make them more manageable with only 4% of chemicals. There are several salons that provide the biosoftening service - some of which are in other countries. To find out where, go to www.curlisto.com.

It's pretty much a texturizer (natural product with only 4% chemicals) marketed by the genius to turn our 4b hair to 3b. Which is about as possible as healing the blind
    True story
    event.png

4b natural
    Oh yeahhh the original question
    I found a really good youtube showing a good detangling technique. She is 11 months post

Part 1

Part 2
    event.png

4b natural
  • MixedUpCurlyChickMixedUpCurlyChick Posts: 2,568Registered Users
    ahhhh thanks for clarifying :thumbleft:
    comic-p.jpg
  • retromariretromari Posts: 79Registered Users
    To prevent tangles I wash my hair in sections. I also "set" my hair in braids or twists before bed and sleep with a satin cap. If I get a tangle in between wash days (I detangle on wash days) then I use aloe vera gel to smooth out the tangle/knot. Aloe Vera gel works like a charm for me!

Uh, so I googled "biosoftening treatment" and no thanks! It's just a texturizer with a creative name. :eek:

Here's a link to the previous thread:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=86017
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Natural since May 2009
    Goal: Thick Hair. Healthy Hair. BIG Hair!

The reason I begged my mom for a relaxer back in the 90's:
    PCJ No Lye Relaxer commericals !
  • CityGirl81CityGirl81 Posts: 418Registered Users
    retromari wrote: »
    To prevent tangles I wash my hair in sections. I also "set" my hair in braids or twists before bed and sleep with a satin cap. If I get a tangle in between wash days (I detangle on wash days) then I use aloe vera gel to smooth out the tangle/knot. Aloe Vera gel works like a charm for me!

Uh, so I googled "biosoftening treatment" and no thanks! It's just a texturizer with a creative name. :eek:

Here's a link to the previous thread:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=86017

Girl, you said SO much with that line right there!
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Isn't that enough?:laughing4:

Top the OP -- For me it's mostly about the conditioners I use to co-wash and to detangle/moisturize; they have to seriously slippery and detangling. I detangle only in the shower with tons of detangling conditioner. I rarely need to comb my hair to detangle and I never brush. At night I put my hair into a pony puff or do large twists on dry hair, smoothing a cream into the ends. If your hair is not long enough for one you can do several pony puffs or smaller twists.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Blonde_Wave_LoverBlonde_Wave_Lover Posts: 37Registered Users
    so what does biosilk do? would it do anything for my 2a/b/c wavy hair? seems like it wouldnt but i quite lurrveee the sound of zero-tangles :D
  • kinkycurlyDTkinkycurlyDT Posts: 380Registered Users
    Whenever I wash my hair, (co wash, shampoo ect) I twist it, this prevents split ends, single strand knots and tangling. I have to keep my hair twisted so that it is somewhat stretched and I usually untwisted it most days and style :-)
  • msaviemsavie Posts: 66Registered Users
    I usually dont have a problem with my hair tangling especially since it is still relaxed (for the most part).

But if I do encounter any kind of tangles, I start detangling from the ends using a wide tooth comb and gradually work my way up the hair shaft. That helps to untangle faster and doesn't stress out the hair as much as starting from the root does.
    Last Relaxer - 4/8/11 BC - 1/5/12
    Poos /Condit -
    Shea Moisture (SM) Moisture Retention, Tresemme Naturals, Terressentials
    DC - SM Deep Treatment Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB

Leave ins - KCKT, Giovanni DLI
    Oils - Castor, Argan, Grapeseed, Shea Butter, Jojoba,
    Rosemary
    Moisturizers - SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, SM Moisture Mist

My Natural Hair Journey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji