Lustrasilk: Olive Oil Cholesterol and Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus

Has any tried these conditioners? If so, are they good?

Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol: http://www.sallybeauty.com/olive-oil-cholesterol/SBS-119122,default,pd.html

Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus: http://www.sallybeauty.com/Shea-Butter-Cholesterol/SBS-119070,default,pd.html

Do you think they would be good for my 2c/3a hair? I like how they're pretty inexpensive, and now that the colder weather is coming, I need to keep my curls moisturized.
Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?

Comments

• pjsmommy12pjsmommy12 Posts: 206Registered Users
    I love these products. The shea butter is what I use as a deep treatment. I often leave it in overnight and rinse the next morning. I like the olive oil for one of my many choices for a leave in.

I just got more at Sally's and it was on sale for $1.99. With it in a tub you can get every last bit out too.

I say go for it!
    :alien:Heather

3a, med texture, normal porosity
    poo: one 'n only shiny silver (occasionally)
    co-wash/rinse out: assorted V05 "flavors"
    leave-in/dt: gvp cb
    stylers: ecostyler, bioterra curl cream, salon care aloe vera gel
    hair loves: plopping, clipping & diffusing

i:love7:sally's

• Pops G-MaPops G-Ma Posts: 201Registered Users
    I'll second that as i use the Olive Oil as a LI and wash out. It's light, yet moisturizing.
    HAIR DESCRIPTION:
    Wavy, Coarse Porous & Dry

FAVORITE PRODUCTS:

CJDF(Co-Wash)
    CJH&B (Rinse out)
    CCCC Lite
    CIAB
    Biosilk Rock Hard Gel or HESMU
    36_1_60.gif
  • botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Posts: 896Registered Users
    I think I'll go for it if the Sally's store nearby has them :)
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • SheBrosSheBros Posts: 332Registered Users
    I tried the Olive Oil and it just didn't work for me. It didn't seem to provide much moisture or slip for me. I may go back and purchase the mango and shea butter since it is so cheap.
    3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
    Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
    Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
    Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
    Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
    Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
    Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
  • dry-n-AZdry-n-AZ Posts: 61Registered Users
    I seem to have the opposite experience. The Olive Oil game me great slip (smells kinda like strong roses?) The Mango (like the smell better) just seemed to leave my hair feeling drier. I still have my mango and may have to give it another try when my Olive oil is gone.
    3B, high porosity,thick BSL
    co wash: Giovanni Tea Tree Cond
    Low poo: every other day CJ Daily Fix
    cond: CJ H&B Deep Fix, CJ CRMHT
    leave in: Giovanni leave in
    Style: Komaza Coconut pudding,UFD and KCCC in rotation.

Phoenix area Arizona Low dews
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    I know the above posts are old but I did a search to see if anyone had the experience I did with the Shea Butter Plus. It does not help detangling at all, I looked at the label and it doesn't contain the usual key ingredients, so I probably shouldn't have put it on my hair before detangling because it was a nightmare and I shed like 3x as much hair as usual, yikes! I had to put another CO on top to be able to do it before rinsing it out. I then used VO5 KLS as LI, which usually gives me good volume, but not this time, so it must be because of the Lustrasilk maybe weighing it down... but then I think of all the hair that came out of my head... not good! The only good thing I noticed is that my hair is shinier than last time but I can get that without having to lose a ton of hair, so I'm going to have to figure out a better way to use the rest so I don't have to throw it away.
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file