CurlTalk

How much holiday leave a year do you get?

PigletPiglet Posts: 1,451Registered Users
I'm just being nosy. Also, is there a legal minimum where you are?

I get 22 days a year. Bank and public holidays are on top of that. Sickness is on top of that.

The legal minimum is 28 days here (England). But, bank and public holidays can be included in that. By my reckoning, there are 8 bank and public holidays here a year.
Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.

Comments

• RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    No legal minimum here, at least as far as I am aware.

I get 5 vacation and 3 sick/personal days. And then paid holidays for New Years Day, April 16th (I work in accounting and that's a paid holiday at our office!), Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the Friday after, and Christmas Day. Working Christmas Eve and New Years Eve is optional, but it isn't paid time off.

Soooo I guess I get 16 days off total. Considering we have to work part of a day on Saturday for 4 months out of the year, as well as working 8-6 those same 4 months, it really isn't nearly enough time off. Not even close.
    DPTFm5.png
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    9 hours per pay period of earned time off (includes sick time and vacation time).

So approximately 30 days per year. No legal minimum.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users
    16 days of vacation and sick time plus
    these holidays - New Years Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
  • violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users
    curlyarca wrote: »
    9 hours per pay period of earned time off (includes sick time and vacation time).

Do you also get the regular holidays on top of that?
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I have an annual goal. It doesn't matter how much I work or don't work as long as I bring in as much as I say I will. I end up taking about three weeks (15 days) a year with the odd half day here and there.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    It's all PTO. We get the equivalent of 10 days a year..big wup..
    If we are scheduled to work on a holiday, we get extra pay for that. I usually take off on TG, X-mas to be w/ my fam... :dontknow:
    When I go to PT, I won't be getting PTO...I'll just take off w/o pay. We only get to roll over 20 hrs of PTO w/ this new merger...another big wup... :confused5: We got to roll over at least 80 in a 2-year period before the merger....sucks...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    i have 15 vacation days and 3 personal days.

in my province in Canada there are 12 government holidays, which are not the same as statutory holidays that are the same in every province.

if a holiday falls on a weekend, we get the next business day off.

for example, in Canada, Christmas is a 2-day holiday because Boxing Day (December 26th) is also a holiday here. this year Boxing Day falls on a Saturday, so i get Monday the 28th off.
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • SpunkyCurlsSpunkyCurls Posts: 1,523Registered Users
    2 weeks vacation
    3 days Spring Break
    2 weeks at winter break
    2 personal days
    12 sick days
    Every Friday off in Summer
    <insert signature line here>
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    Annual leave - 8 hours per pay period - 208 hours (26 days) a year with a maximum carryover to the next year of 240 hours. I think this year I will end with just about 150 hours.

Sick leave - 4 hours per pay period - 104 hours (13 days) a year with no maximum carryover. I think I have about 250 hours now and will end with under 300 hours.

Holidays - All Federal holidays.

Comp time for travel - if I travel on weekends, as a supervisor I get comp time instead of overtime, so I have that to use too.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    When I left my last job, I was getting 20 vacation days, 7 sick days, and 10 holidays per year. That was after 5 years working there. Prior to that, I got 15 vacation days plus the other time.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    I get 1.5 vacation days a month and I get to carryover 10 a year. I can't remember how many personal days I get, around 5, maybe? I get 1 sick day a month and those I never lose. For holidays we get New Years Day, MLK, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving (2 days) and Christmas Day.
    Eres o te haces?
    Wahhh everyone has better benefits than me, lol.

I forgot to whine about the fact that I don't get to carry anything over. If we don't use 'em, we lose 'em. Sucks. The downside to working for a very small business I suppose.
    DPTFm5.png
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    10 hours per month. Any unused time rolls over to the next month + 10 more hours. We are allowed to bank up to 120 hours and can carry it over to the next year if we have any left. We get all religious and federal holidays off with pay.
  • spiderman5000spiderman5000 Posts: 673Registered Users
    My job band gets 21 vacation days, about 40 sick hours, and two personal days. We can also purchase seven extra vacation days. They just take out a few dollars out of each paycheck if we choose to do that.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    20 vacation days (I think we started with ten, move up to 15 after 5 years and 20 after 10, if I recall correctly). Not that I ever use all of them.
    3 personal days
    6 sick days
    9 holidays?
    1/2 day fridays in the summer (but we work longer hours the rest of the week)
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
    Rheanna wrote: »

I forgot to whine about the fact that I don't get to carry anything over. If we don't use 'em, we lose 'em. Sucks. The downside to working for a very small business I suppose.
    Thing is I work for a big company, but we're getting farked up the ass w/ this new merger... :mad:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I accrue:

9 hours per month for vacation (will be 10 hours in March)

8 hours per month for sick

3 personal days per year

We also get Thanksgiving day and the day after, which is nice, and random other holidays. We also get San Jacinto Day off in April, which is the Friday during Fiesta.

And this year, for the first time, we get the week between Christmas and New Year's off without having to use vacation.

When I worked for Accenture, we got five weeks of PTO every year. That was the only good thing about working there. Well, that and the fact that parking was free and close.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    None. I'm a SAHM! LOL

DH has 4 weeks paid vacation + 5 days of sick time. He also gets the major US holidays off and 2 diversity days (for those who celebrate other holidays like Yom Kippur or Ramadan).
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    around 20 vacation days, not sure how many sick days, 2 personal days, 9 holidays, and this year -- 6 mandatory furlough days.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • malafachamalafacha Posts: 301Registered Users
    21 vacation days
    And the following holidays: New Year's, Betico day, Carnaval monday, National holiday, Queen's day, Labor day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Ascencion day?, 24th Dec half day off, Christmas, 26th Dec, 31st Dec half day off.
    It's five o'clock somewhere! ctail.gif
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    Rheanna wrote: »

Same here. I get 12 vacation days per year. No specified amount of sick or personal days. Basically, it's at the owners discretion. We don't get docked if we miss 6-7 days per year, but if someone is calling in 2-3 times a month he starts looking at that person a bit closer and decides whether dock it off their pay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • fig jamfig jam Posts: 2,555Registered Users
    I get six weeks' of PTO (Personal Time Off) per year, not including birthday holiday and legal holidays. That includes time off for sickness or family emergencies. So, it's not like 6 weeks of vacation, though I could foolishly use it that way if I wanted to.

We can bank up to half of that time per year up to 800 hours; meant to be used for FMLA or emergencies, not vacation.

New employees at my corporation start at 3 weeks PTO per year. They also get a birthday holiday and all bank and legal holidays in addition to that. I get more because I've been there for 8 years and because I started with more because I am in management.
    "Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
  • marniemarnie Posts: 29Registered Users
    5 weeks paid vacation a year, 4 weeks unpaid (optional, but I always take it), 12 paid days off (statutory holidays) and some sick days, don't know exactly - it's a formula based on hours worked and carries over from year to year.
  • Moni22Moni22 Posts: 42Registered Users
    I'm in grad school now, so it's as much as I feel I can afford! :thumbright:

When I was working in Bermuda, I had 15 days paid vacation, with the option to take another 5 days unpaid, another 2-3 weeks sick leave, and the 10 national holidays.

I'm not sure if there's a mandatory minimum amount, but I'd assume that 15 days is pretty much the minimum since this was my first job straight out of college. I took every single one of my vacation days, including the optional days, every year that I worked. The great thing about working in Bermuda is that people respect your personal life and expect you to take vacations.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    with the provincial government here in Ontario, you get 6 sick days at 100% of your salary then 120 days after that at 80% before long term disability insurance kicks in at 75% of your salary.

i can carry over one full years' worth of vacation. right now, i have 3.5 days that i MUST use by the end of the year.
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    I think I need a better gig... :hmph:
    0004.gif

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,777Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I get 4 weeks vacation (not including statutory holidays). Being salary, my sick days are not counted (PIF), but I assume would be if I was taking advantage.
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    violets wrote: »
    curlyarca wrote: »

Do you also get the regular holidays on top of that?
    Yes: New Years, Memorial, Independence, Labor, Thanksgiving, Christmas. If for some reason we have to work on a holiday (rarely) we get paid extra.

Also as an exempt employee I also get comp time and most Thursdays off.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
    I think I need a better gig... :hmph:

Me too.
    DPTFm5.png
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    2 months (June15-Aug15) + the week between Christmas and New Years + stat holidays.

I teach at a Uni, so no time off at all from Sept-May.

I believe is the law here is that you get 2 weeks paid holiday + statutory holidays, after working for 1 year.