Pumpkin Recipes

kurlykittykurlykitty Registered Users Posts: 162
Spin off of Spider's thread on the discussion board...

Post your pumpkin recipes here!
"Beware the man of one book." --Latin proverb

Comments

• ea4scea4sc Registered Users Posts: 15
    Spider asked for lower fat recipes, and I found this one. I haven't tried this yet, but it got good reviews on the Cooking Light website readers. Keep in mind, one way to lower the fat and calorie intake is to EAT ONLY THE ONE SUGGESTED SERVING AMOUNT- 1 WEDGE! If you eat the whole pie, I think you've doomed yourself! icon_wink.gif
    Gingersnap Pumpkin Pie
    ~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~
    Nobody is motivated all the time (or if she is, she is probably annoying).
    -SARK
    ~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~
  • ultra76ultra76 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Shortbread Pumpkin Pie

For Crust:
    3 c. flour
    1/2 c. sugar
    1 c. butter

Stir flourr and sugar, then work butter in until well blended. (This tastes yummy--some of the crust ends up in my tummy and not in the pan!) Put into 10x16 pan (which I don't have, and use a 13x9) and press down until evenly packed.

For filling:
    4 eggs, slightly beaten
    3 1/2 c. pumpkin
    1 1/2 c. sugar
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp ground cloves
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp ginger
    3 1/3 c. evaporated milk

Mix filling ingredients and pour over unbaked shortbread and bake for 15min at 425. Reduce temperature to 350 and bake for another 55 min or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Enjoy, and don't forget to slather on the whipped cream! icon_biggrin.gif
    3B, dark, shoulder-length
    "No birth certificate is issued when a friendship is born. There is nothing tangible. There is just a feeling that your life is different and that your capacity to love and care has miraculously been enlarged without any effort on your part."
  • ultra76ultra76 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Oh yeah, I just came back from my mom's house and guess what she had...a recipe book JUST of pumpkin recipes!! Woo hoo, gonna have fun going through that icon_wink.gif
    3B, dark, shoulder-length
    "No birth certificate is issued when a friendship is born. There is nothing tangible. There is just a feeling that your life is different and that your capacity to love and care has miraculously been enlarged without any effort on your part."
  • kurlykittykurlykitty Registered Users Posts: 162
    I had to search to find pumpkin cheesecake, but found one on pastrywiz.com that's a pumpkin kahlua marbled cheesecake... Oh, man!

3/4 c Gingersnap crumbs
    3/4 c Graham cracker crumbs
    1/4 c Powdered surgar
    1/4 c Melted unsalted butter
    2 pk 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1 c Granulated sugar
    4 Eggs
    1 cn (1 pound) pumpkin
    1/2 ts Ground cinnamon
    1/4 ts Ground ginger
    1/4 ts Ground nutmeg
    1/2 c Kahlua

In a bowl, combine gingersnap and graham cracker crumbs with powdered sugar and butter. Toss to combine. Spread evenly onto bottom of 8-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F 5 minutes. Cool. In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. radually add granulated sugar and beat until light. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well after each addition. Transfer 1 cup mixture to seperate bowl and blend in pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and Kahlua. Pour half of pumpkin mixture into prepared crust. Top with half of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers using remaining pumpkin and cream cheese mixtures. Using table knife, cut through layers with uplifting motion in four to five places to create marbled effect. Place on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Without opening oven door, let cake stand in turned off oven 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool, then chill. Remove from pan.
    "Beware the man of one book." --Latin proverb
  • SpiderSpider Registered Users Posts: 3,381 Curl Neophyte
    These sound wonderful- keep em coming!

This is one I want to try:

Pumpkin Mousse Ice Cream Pie

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups (about 28) crushed gingersnap cookies
    1/3 cup butter , melted (we recommend LAND O LAKES® Butter)
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    2 cups (1 pint) vanilla ice cream , softened
    1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
    1 cup whipping cream
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Pumpkin Topping (recipe follows)

Directions:
    PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE crushed cookies, butter and 1/4 cup sugar in small bowl. Press onto bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate.

BAKE for 8 minutes. Cool completely. Spread ice cream over gingersnap crust. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.

COMBINE pumpkin, 3/4 cup sugar and pumpkin pie spice in medium bowl. Beat whipping cream and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spoon over ice cream. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Serve with Pumpkin Topping.

FOR PUMPKIN TOPPING
    COMBINE 12.25-ounce jar caramel or butterscotch sauce, 1/2 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in small bowl.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • gooppygooppy Registered Users Posts: 39
    Here's one that's very easy, creamy, and delish...and NO baking!!!

Double Layer Pumpkin Pie

4 oz cream cheese, softened
    1 Tbsp milk
    1 Tbsp sugar
    1 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip

1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust (6 oz size)

1 cup cold milk
    2 pkgs (4 serving size) Vanilla Instant Pudding & Pie filling
    1 can (16 oz) pumpkin
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground ginger
    1/4 tsp ground cloves

Beat chream cheese, 1 Tbsp milk and sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in Cool Whip. Spread on bottom of crust.
    Pour 1 cup milk into bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 1 to 2 minutes until thick. Stir in pumpkin and spices with wire whisk, mix well. Spread over cream cheese layer.
    Chill 4 hours or until set.
    Store leftovers in fridge...but there won't be any icon_razz.gif
    I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect.
  • earthchickearthchick Registered Users Posts: 1
    Here is one I *love* - I found it in the October 2001 issue of Cooking Light.

Pumpkin-Praline Custards

Substituting soy milk for dairy milk in custards and puddings is a tasty way to increase beneficial soy protein in your diet. A crunchy topping of crumbled praline adds a festive touch to this homey dessert, but it's just as good without. Each serving contains 3.5 grams of soy protein.

custards:
    1 1/2 C vanilla soy milk
    3/4 C canned pumpkin
    2/3 C sugar
    1 1/2 t ground cinnamon
    1/2 t ground nutmeg
    1/2 t vanilla extract
    1/4 t salt
    2 large eggs
    2 large egg whites
    cooking spray

praline:
    1/4 C sugar
    2 T water
    1/4 C chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven to 325.
    2. To prepare custards, combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Divide the pumpkin mixture evenly among 6 (6 oz.) custard cups coated w/ cooking spray. Place cups in a 13x9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake at 325 for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove the cups from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.

3. To prepare the praline, combine 1/4 C sugar and water in a small skillet. Cook over medium-hi heat for 4 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in pecans. Immediately scrap the pecan mixture onto a baking sheet coated w/ cooking spray, spreading evenly; cool completely. Break praline into small pieces. Sprinkle over custards. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 custard and about 1 T praline).

calories: 220 (25% from fat); fat: 6.2 g (sat. .9g, mono 2.9g, poly 1.7g); protein 5.7g; carb 37g; fiber 1.7g; chol 71mg; iron 1mg; sodium 235mg; calc 101mg.

I love this in the fall - I think I'm going to make it for Thanksgiving this year. I'm sure it can also be made w/ regular milk rather than soy milk.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file