Loss of Curl

celeste821celeste821 Posts: 348Registered Users Curl Neophyte
My hair is doing well but my edges don't really curl, and because I don't color it really stands out. My edges don't lye down nice and flat so I can't get a smooth ponytail. I was thinking about trying heat straightening for more variety but I am so afraid of all the horror stories about the curl not returning all the way from other boards. I know that some of these board are really militant so I was wondering if it is possible to straightening and have your curl return the to the way they were.

Comments

• dmiller311dmiller311 Posts: 122Registered Users
    definitely not hun. It's not even worth trying. Heat is the worst for your curls. Try cutting off the edges as they grow out. Maybe that might work.
    3c with some 3b in there
    Current Faves:
    Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave In
    Kinky-Curly Curling Custard
    HE none of your frizzies
    Fantasia Hair Polisher Styling Gel
    Diez en Uno Super Conditioner

http://www.crownnglory.blogspot.com/

comic-p.jpg

• yrh11yrh11 Posts: 142Registered Users
    I only straighten to get a trim. I have layers all over my head, so it is hard for me to cut it myself. I recently got my hair straightened. Usually my stylist uses a flat iron. My hair easily reverts. However, this time, she used those marcel irons and some of my hair is burnt straight. Some of the burnt pieces are in the front hairline so they will easily grow out. I have a couple in the back. I am blending it in for now with a twistout.

Lesson: Be careful.
    Last relaxer: Feb 07
    BC: Feb 08

Current HG -
    Shampoo: Shea Moisture Black Soap Cleansing Shampoo
    Conditioner: Taliah Waajid Enhanced Herbal Conditioner
    Leave In: KeraCare Natural Textures Leave In
    Styler: Eco Styler, Uncle Funky's Daughter Extra Butter, KeraCare Twist and Define Cream, Jane Carter Wrap and Roll
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 348Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    wow I am so sorry to hear that, I have heard that those Marcel straightening combs were the worst.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file