CurlTalk

Non sulfate shampoo causing itchy scalp?

If it's buildup then I must be really sensitive. I'll use a sulfate shampoo one day and a non sulfate one the next and my scalp is itchy..Is this normal when you start out with non sulfates? I keep going back to them every few days because my scalp feels so itchy! O yea - the only cone I use amodimethicone(sp?). I don't use mineral oil or any other waxes that might buildup either.

Comments

• lodylody Posts: 334Registered Users
    I thought amodimethicone could build up? I get build up even when using shampoo (like how you can scratch your head and get white stuff under your nails? ew.. xD) and I found doing a sugar scrub (mix some sugar with conditioner, scrub scalp) helped get rid of it pretty well. It comes back though, and I never remember to bring sugar with me to the shower xD Anyway, you could try that.
    3a in Paris
    I use:
    Garnier Ultra Doux conditioners
    High in glycerin conditioners
    As much gel as possible
    Testing out flax seed gel
    Plopping, for around 30 minutes
    Pixiecurl drying
    Pineappling

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    The shampoo I'm using should remove it though - it has coco betadine(sp?) in it.
  • lodylody Posts: 334Registered Users
    Well, I still use shampoo--the sulfatey kind, which should definitely remove all buildup, and yet it sure doesn't! xD I'm sorry, I can't help you with what's causing the buildup, I'm not muh good with ingredients. But, like I said, sugar scrub help for me as far as getting the buildup off. It's a fix while trying to figure the underlying cause if nothing else.
    3a in Paris
    I use:
    Garnier Ultra Doux conditioners
    High in glycerin conditioners
    As much gel as possible
    Testing out flax seed gel
    Plopping, for around 30 minutes
    Pixiecurl drying
    Pineappling