LaBella vs EcoStyler gels

dry-n-AZdry-n-AZ Posts: 61Registered Users
I am very interested in trying one of these two mentioned gels. I have read a lot of positive reviews on them both. Has anyone tried them both? How do they compare? I live in AZ and the dew points are very low so which would be better for me?

thanks in advance for any help :toothy4:
3B, high porosity,thick BSL
co wash: Giovanni Tea Tree Cond
Low poo: every other day CJ Daily Fix
cond: CJ H&B Deep Fix, CJ CRMHT
leave in: Giovanni leave in
Style: Komaza Coconut pudding,UFD and KCCC in rotation.

Phoenix area Arizona Low dews

Comments

• crazywavescrazywaves Posts: 582Registered Users
    The ecostyler has very little if any hold. I think you would need both one for curl one for hold.
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    crazywaves wrote: »
    The ecostyler has very little if any hold. I think you would need both one for curl one for hold.
    It depends on which ecostyler gel you use. They have a variety of hold ranges. The krystal clear has a hold rating of 10. I don't want to use anything more holding than that... :?
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mamacita1603mamacita1603 Posts: 316Registered Users
    I always used the Krystal one that has hold of 10. I love it. It took me years to undertsand that its okay to try the "less is more" route. When i did, i fell in love even more:love4:, it had the same look without as much crunch, soft, bouncy ringlets. My BF was so used to the crunch of my gels, when i was so excited to show him and have him feel my hair, he was like, "its not crunchy, i like it when its crunchy" :angry1: go figure that's all he COMPLAINED about since i did my BC!!!

O' well:happy3:, he's just a guy that doesn't know ish about hair:confused5:
    Type: 3b-healthy hair*medium texture* normal porosity?
    Shampoo: SC Optimum, Luster's Pink,Curliscious Cleansing Cream
    Conditioner: Coconut Sublime, Giovanni 50:50, CJ CASD
    Leave-In: CJ Beauticurls
    DT: Silicon Mix
    Styling: Eco Styler, KCCC/KCKT, BRHG, AOMM

Holy Grail: Flour Sacking*modified method* AOMM, ECO Styler-Krystal
    Expiermenting with: Whatever i can get my hands on:twisted:
    Hair Hates: Vegetable glycerin/waxes:sad11:
    *Always going to be a Pj until i find all my HG's:love5:
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    hippychic wrote: »
    It depends on which ecostyler gel you use. They have a variety of hold ranges. The krystal clear has a hold rating of 10. I don't want to use anything more holding than that... :?

*snickers* what's harder? shellac? cement? lolol!!!
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    empressri wrote: »
    hippychic wrote: »

*snickers* what's harder? shellac? cement? lolol!!!
    :sign5: yea, i'm not going for the touch your hair and watch it disintegrate look
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    bumpy since i can compare some. the clear ecostyler has a firmer hold than the labella lots of curls.

the labella lots of curls probably has about the same hold as the olive oil ecostyler. that's all i know for now.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users
    Ecostyler Klear is amongst current products I use and I've tried the LaBella Styling Gel (Hold of 9). LaBella left my hair feeling like straw. Ecostyler on it's own doesn't give me much curl def but when used with other styling products ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], QBHBSTG, etc.), it enhances the other product. Sometimes, I do get crunchies with Ecostyler but it doesn't leave my hair with that dried out straw-like feeling. The crunchies I can deal with.
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 938Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I live in AZ also and I love Ecostyler Krystal Clear. Great price and not a crunchy hold at all. It has not dried my hair out and I like it better than [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. :thumright: Did not like La Bella gels at all. I do like LA Looks Sports gel for a bit stronger hold.

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • werenumber2werenumber2 Posts: 260Registered Users
    QVCDiva wrote: »
    Ecostyler Klear is amongst current products I use and I've tried the LaBella Styling Gel (Hold of 9). LaBella left my hair feeling like straw. Ecostyler on it's own doesn't give me much curl def but when used with other styling products ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], QBHBSTG, etc.), it enhances the other product. Sometimes, I do get crunchies with Ecostyler but it doesn't leave my hair with that dried out straw-like feeling. The crunchies I can deal with.

That's exactly how my hair felt with the LaBella Lots of Curls gel. I suspected that the culprit was the high level of glycerin. I'm still hesitant to try the EcoStyler gel because I think the wheat protein would be just as bad.
    comic-p.jpg

3b/c fine corkscrews and spirals. Naked hair above.

Wash: Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo
    Condish: Shescentit Avocado/Honey Rinse
    Moisture DT: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk, Crece Pelo
    Protein DT: Shescentit Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor
    Leave-Ins: Shescentit Coco Creme, Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean, Aubrey Organics Primrose Spray
    Stylers: Aubrey Organics B-5, Shea Moisture Curly Souffle

Subject to change!
  • botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Posts: 896Registered Users
    I've only tried EcoStyler Krystal (love it, by the way). And about your question, I have two things to say about it:

1) EcoStyler (WHICH I LOVE!!!!!!) doesn't have much hold for me, so I use LA Looks gel UNDER it (yeah, that's right, under...it was a method created by an EcoStyler User). Works almost like a cream...fights frizz almost as well as my more expensive products. La Bella, on the other hand, has more hold (or so I've read). They seem to work differently.

2) I've heard a lot better things about EcoStyler than I have LaBella. But, considering that they're inexpensive, I think you should give them both a try :)
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    For curl formation I prefer the ecostyler. I used both the labella curl and the other labella gel-I forget which one. I find the ecostyler has much more hold than the labella gels.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file