CurlTalk

KurlyKitty's Rum-Spiked Peach Crisp

kurlykittykurlykitty Posts: 162Registered Users
(The what happens when Kitty gets bored at night and finds a bag of peaches and a bottle of rum)

Peaches
4-5 large peaches, sliced
1 Tbsp ligh rum
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Crumb Topping
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened

Heat oven to 350 degree F. Toss peaches with the rum, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl, and transfer to an ungreased baking dish.

In large bowl, combine all topping ingredients; mix until crumbly. Spread crumb mixture evenly over peaches.

Bake at 350 degree F. for 35 minutes or until peaches are tender and topping is golden brown.

Delicious plain or with ice cream or whipped topping, your choice. icon_biggrin.gif

[ November 21, 2002: Message edited by: KurlyKitty ]
"Beware the man of one book." --Latin proverb

Comments

• eboni1eboni1 Posts: 46Registered Users
    Sounds good, but thats hardly enoung rum icon_wink.gif
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    LOL! CP...it's just spiked for a little tease icon_biggrin.gif
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• kurlykittykurlykitty Posts: 162Registered Users
    Any more than that, CP, and the texture gets too liquidy. icon_sad.gif

I'm planning to soak the peaches next time so they absorb more of the rum flavor without making the crisp... well, not crispy. icon_biggrin.gif

-KK
  • L'n-zL'n-z Posts: 208Registered Users
    I'm using canned peaches. How many cans do I need to equal 4-5 large peaches, sliced?
    8)
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    KK, you can macerate the peaches in a mix of rum & sugar (upping the quantities), then add a few tablespoons of cornstarch or flour and that will thicken the filling.
  • kurlykittykurlykitty Posts: 162Registered Users
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marielle:
    KK, you can macerate the peaches in a mix of rum & sugar (upping the quantities), then add a few tablespoons of cornstarch or flour and that will thicken the filling.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool! I'll have to try that! Thanks!
  • L'n-zL'n-z Posts: 208Registered Users
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marielle:
    KK, you can macerate the peaches in a mix of rum & sugar (upping the quantities), then add a few tablespoons of cornstarch or flour and that will thicken the filling.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By how much are you upping the quantities of the rum & sugar?
    8)
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    I miss Kurly Kitty :cry:
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)