is there a way to reverse keratin?

Ephesians2:8Ephesians2:8 Posts: 170Registered Users
I got a keratin treatment which was supposed to be all natural, but I kind of miss my curls. I don't really know how to style it, and I feel boring. lol. Is there any way to reverse it? I've been trying to wash with the sodium chloride and sodium lauryl sulfate that they told me not to use but it's not really doing anything.
Ha the grass is always greener.
3a. My hair does what it wants.. currently waiting for BKT treatment to go away.

“What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?” - Mark 8:36

Comments

• MokahDeeLyteMokahDeeLyte Posts: 132Registered Users
    You can add salt to your DCs or using Henna and ayurvedic powders. They help to strip the BKT.
  • blubutterfly04blubutterfly04 Posts: 104Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your best bet would be to use sulfate/sodium containing products and wash your hair more often. I don't think there is any other way to reverse it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since 9-1-09, Modified CG 1/10.3a/3b mix
    Low Porosity
    No Co-Washing, Using Mild Shampoos, Lo-poos: Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Moisture Shampoo, Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Shampoo
    Rinse-out: Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
    Low-poo/Clarifiers: ACV rinses
    Leave in's: Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
    DT's: Coconut Oil, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque,
    Stylers: AG:recoil, LA Looks Mega Hold Gel,
    ** Air dry ONLY, I love plopping!**
  • Ephesians2:8Ephesians2:8 Posts: 170Registered Users
    what kind of salt? sea salts?

thank you for responding!
    3a. My hair does what it wants.. currently waiting for BKT treatment to go away.

“What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?” - Mark 8:36
  • MokahDeeLyteMokahDeeLyte Posts: 132Registered Users
    Sea salt, table salt etc. It worked for me took about a week of Dcing with Conditioners that I would add a teaspoon of salt to. But it worked.
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    When did you get the treatment? I got the Coppola Keratin Treatment on August 7, and I really liked it. It made my hair wonderful for the hot, humid month of August. I was able to just let it air dry most of the time, or blow dry it with my hands in about 5 min.

Well, mine seemed to wear off after about 5 weeks!! I was kind of shocked because I thought it was supposed to last 3 months or more. I wash my hair everyday, and I just used any shampoo. Maybe that made it wear off quicker.

Don't worry - it will wear off soon. Just try to enjoy it for the time-being.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file